This article only applies to: Windows 10 systems
You might want to reinstall Windows on your computer without losing your personal data. The Windows Fresh Start process will allow you to keep your personal information, while installing the latest version of Windows.
Use the following steps run Windows Fresh Start.
- Click the Start menu.
- Scroll through the list of programs and click on Windows Defender Security Center.
- Select the heart-shaped icon from the left menu.
- Scroll down and click additional info in the Fresh Start section.
- Click Get Started and select Yes.
- Click Next begin the Fresh Start process.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall Windows.