How can I download and install Windows standalone update packages?
Windows 10 allows users to download standalone update packages for monthly quality updates at Windows Update Catalog. Use the following steps to download and install standalone update packages for Windows.
- View the last installed update in update history: Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Update history. You will see a list of all the operating system and updates installed in Windows 10. Make note of the latest quality update installed on your system.
- Visit Windows 10 update history site and choose the latest Quality update for your Windows 10 version from the left menu.
- Scroll down the page and click the Microsoft Update Catalog link shown in the image below.
- Click the Download link for the correct platform (x86 or x64). .
- Save the file to an external storage device such as a USB drive or SD card.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the file and double click the MSU file to begin installing the update.