Why do I get the message "Your device is having trouble recognizing you. Please try again." when I try to use my SW512-52 fingerprint reader?
A recent Windows update may cause the fingerprint reader to stop working. The Windows update installs an updated fingerprint reader driver, that requires the fingerprint to be setup again. Use the following steps to to update your fingerprint.
- Attempt to login with your fingerprint reader until you are prompted to login with your PIN.
- Enter your PIN to login to the system.
- Click the Start menu and click Settings.
- Select Accounts.
- Click Remove in the fingerprint section. This will remove your previous fingerprint setup information.
- Click Set up and follow the instructions on your screen to complete the fingerprint setup.
- Login with your fingerprint to confirm it is working. If you are still experiencing a problem, please contact Acer support for further assistance.