Which Acer and Predator computers are qualified to support the Windows Mixed Reality headsets?
Acer has worked with Microsoft to ensure many of our systems are compatible with Acer Windows Mixed headsets. You can find a list of the system requirements for Windows Mixed Reality Ultra ( 90Hz )* systems as well as Acer qualified models below.
Minimum PC requirements:
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 with Hyper-Threading (notebooks) or 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 (desktop)
- NVIDIA GTX 965M or greater, or AMD RX 460™ or greater
- HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.0 port support
- 8 GB RAM
- USB 3.0 Port
Due to Microsoft periodically updating their specifications we recommend that you also check the following page www.windows.com/mixedreality.
Windows Mixed Reality and Windows Mixed Reality Ultra
The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update powers both Windows Mixed Reality and Windows Mixed Reality Ultra. Which version you experience depends on your PC hardware.
With Windows Mixed Reality Ultra, you get some additional capabilities and features:
- Crisper visuals and a higher refresh rate (90 frames per second).
- More apps and experiences-including the most graphics-intensive games.
- A ''mirror'' window on your desktop that shows what you see in mixed reality.
- Record and share videos (as well as photos) of your mixed reality experiences.
Windows Mixed Reality Headsets will run at 90Hz only when connected to PC systems which meet all of the following minimum specifications:
- Includes a discrete graphics card that meet the minim confirmed specification for discrete PC configurations.
- The discrete graphics card is hosted in a PCIe 3.0 x4+ Link slot.
- The HMD is connected to an available HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.2 or higher graphics port.
- A CPU with a minimum of 4 physical cores
- PCs with USB 3.0 Type-C connectors require a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 connector adapter in order for the PC to connect to the HDMI port of the headset.
- PCs with DisplayPort connectors require a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 connector adapter in order for the PC to connect to the HDMI port of the headset.
- PCs with USB 3.0 Type-C connectors will also require a USB 3.0 Type-C to USB 3.0 Type-A connector adapter in order for the PC to connect to the USB 3.0 Type-A port of the headset.
"Windows Mixed Reality" Compatible PC:
|Aspire 5 (A515-51G)
||Swift 3 (SF314-52G)
|Spin 5 (SP515-51GN)
"Windows Mixed Reality Ultra" Compatible PC:
|Aspire 7 (A715-71G)
|Aspire 7 (A717-71G)
|Nitro 5 (AN515-51)
* Note that the number and types of models will change.
|Predator Helios 300 (PH317-51)
||Predator G3 (G3-710)
|Predator 17 (G5-793)
|Predator 15 (G9-593)
|Predator 17 X (GX-792)
Performance and features may vary depending on your exact setup. To find out if your PC is compatible, download and run the Windows Mixed Reality PC Check app.
To understand more about Acer/Predator compatible computers for the best experience, please go to your nearest retail shops to experience and try it.