Helios 500 AMD (PH517-61-R0GX) Graphics Drivers

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,521 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Helios 500 AMD (PH517-61-R0GX) Graphics Drivers.

Comments

• whitebunnyflock
    whitebunnyflock Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    every time I try to update my monitor driver to "Digital Flat Panel 1920X1080 (60Hz)" it just goes back to "Generic PnP Monitor". Has anyone had success changing this?  I am still running the Enterprise 20Q2 driver which is now a year old.  Only one that fully works for me.  I am on Windows 2010 20H2 now also. I tried the Enterprise 20.Q4 driver but gets rid of my freesync as usual.  I am assuming if I could actually change my monitor and follow the CRU steps that I could get a new driver working.
  • whitebunnyflock
    Options
    otori0rao Could you please re post the picture that had steps in it? I can’t seem to be able to bring up the picture no matter how I tap it.  Thanks!
  • whitebunnyflock
    Options
    ok i finally got it working, i can hardly believe it.
    I set windows to no longer allow windows update to install my drivers: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10
    I used the registry option to effect this
    In applications i uninstalled "AMD Software"
    I then got DDU and rebooted into Safe Mode
    I ran DDU and removed the AMD GPU driver
    I grabbed the most recent amd drivers from here: "Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows"
    I used the 21.3.1 driver install.  It had all of the options checked off but i think my system is using the old 2018 GPIO drivers and what not
    Then i ran the CRU "Reset-all", I rebooted.
    I installed the Display driver update to make my monitor "Digital Flat Panel 1920X1080 (60Hz)". I notice that every time i did this it added another entry in the CRU software.
    Then I ran CRU and for each monitor entry i added the freesync range as described by otori0rao.  I had three monitor entries and i added it to each one.  Rebooted and lo and behold freesync is working, and sleep is also working.  Thanks everyone for all of your tips.  I hope this can help someone else.

• rkennyphang
    rkennyphang Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    ok i finally got it working, i can hardly believe it.
    I set windows to no longer allow windows update to install my drivers: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10
    I used the registry option to effect this
    In applications i uninstalled "AMD Software"
    I then got DDU and rebooted into Safe Mode
    I ran DDU and removed the AMD GPU driver
    I grabbed the most recent amd drivers from here: "Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows"
    I used the 21.3.1 driver install.  It had all of the options checked off but i think my system is using the old 2018 GPIO drivers and what not
    Then i ran the CRU "Reset-all", I rebooted.
    I installed the Display driver update to make my monitor "Digital Flat Panel 1920X1080 (60Hz)". I notice that every time i did this it added another entry in the CRU software.
    Then I ran CRU and for each monitor entry i added the freesync range as described by otori0rao.  I had three monitor entries and i added it to each one.  Rebooted and lo and behold freesync is working, and sleep is also working.  Thanks everyone for all of your tips.  I hope this can help someone else.

Hi there i was wondering can you do a detailed step by step fix for this? I'm confused with what DDU are and CRU is thanks beforehand. I've been trying to update GPU driver for a while now and it keeps saying that the version of AMD is not compatible with my current GPU Driver