Acer Swift 3X SF314-510G BSOD Problem

Reiyy
Reiyy Member Posts: 24 Networker
Hello, im having a really big problem with my Swift 3X, which is a really frequent happening BSOD. It says "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and the one thats fail is always the intel iris xe max driver "igdkmdnd64.sys". this is really frustating, it happens really often when playing games or even just by only watching videos. Ive already used all the drivers from intel website or the default OEM acer driver and thats change nothing at all. Please help me fix this problem ASAP!! 

Best Answer

• Reiyy
    Answer ✓
    WeiLi123 said:
    Reiyy said:
    No, i manage to solved this problem just by reinstalling the default acer driver, but its kinda sucks because if i tried to use the newer drivers version from intel website or from the windows update, this BSOD problem occured again. Maybe this could be fix by bios update.
    After you install the acer default driver, the blue screen still pop out again?
    How to install the default acer driver ?
    No, as long as im using this driver for maybe a week i didnt see any bsod again. To install the driver first,i delete all the display adapters driver from the device manager and then restart the laptop. after that, if you see the drivers are named "microsoft basic adapter" on the device manager, try to download the drivers from the windows update in the windows setting ,or you can download the drivers from acer firmware support, after you download it from the acer website, extract it and you can intall it with the setup.exe thingy. here is the driver version im using :

Answers

• Does the same problem occur when uninstalling and deleting the driver through the device manager and then updating the driver through windows update?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Reiyy
    yeah its still the same even after uninstalling and reinstalling through device manager
  • Has this problem occurred recently, after some windows update?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Reiyy
    no, this problem occured from the start when i buy this laptop
  • Did you purchase the laptop recently? Can you still exchange the laptop with the seller?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WeiLi123
    WeiLi123 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Reiyy said:
    Hello, im having a really big problem with my Swift 3X, which is a really frequent happening BSOD. It says "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and the one thats fail is always the intel iris xe max driver "igdkmdnd64.sys". this is really frustating, it happens really often when playing games or even just by only watching videos. Ive already used all the drivers from intel website or the default OEM acer driver and thats change nothing at all. Please help me fix this problem ASAP!! 
    I have the same problem with you. Have u fixed it ?
  • ClaireHannah
    ClaireHannah Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue since I received my 3x last month. It's the only consistent problem on an otherwise excellent laptop.
  • Reiyy
    yeah, this is the only problem that really annoys me. I think acer could fix this by giving maybe BIOS update for the laptop because everything else seems fine
  • Does the same problem occur when uninstalling and deleting the intel driver in the device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Reiyy
    No, i manage to solved this problem just by reinstalling the default acer driver, but its kinda sucks because if i tried to use the newer drivers version from intel website or from the windows update, this BSOD problem occured again. Maybe this could be fix by bios update.
  • Try updating windows to version 20h2: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Reiyy
    Im already using the latest 20h2 windows version
  • OK! Try reinstalling windows, pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo, to see if the problem still occurs.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WeiLi123
    The staff told me nothing with the drivers and windows after I do the customer service, the error still same, the staff didn't solve my problem
  • WeiLi123
    Reiyy said:
  • Reiyy
    Answer ✓
    WeiLi123 said:
    Reiyy said:
    No, as long as im using this driver for maybe a week i didnt see any bsod again. To install the driver first,i delete all the display adapters driver from the device manager and then restart the laptop. after that, if you see the drivers are named "microsoft basic adapter" on the device manager, try to download the drivers from the windows update in the windows setting ,or you can download the drivers from acer firmware support, after you download it from the acer website, extract it and you can intall it with the setup.exe thingy. here is the driver version im using :

• bwat47
    bwat47 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I see the problem where any driver version newer than the one on acer's website causes these bluescreens.

Trouble is, windows update keeps trying to push the newer (broken) driver as an update, even after I used the show/hide windows update tool to hide this update:

• Reiyy
     bwat47 said:
    I see the problem where any driver version newer than the one on acer's website causes these bluescreens.

Trouble is, windows update keeps trying to push the newer (broken) driver as an update, even after I used the show/hide windows update tool to hide this update:

You can keep downloading and installing that driver but after that you should go to device manager and roll back the display driver to the acer default driver. after this, That newer driver should not reappear again in the windows update
  • bwat47
    bwat47 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

thx that seemed to work
This discussion has been closed.