Overheating up to 100 Degrees Celsius!!

FuzeJM
FuzeJM Member Posts: 7 New User
I purchased my Acer Nitro 5 in September 2020 and the first game i downloaded was DayZ. Using Nitrosense i noticed my CPU Loading was at 47% and the temps was at 92 degrees celsius, with the max its hit is 102 degrees! this seems to happen whenever i run a game so i'm reluctant to play anything but i don't want to send it back as i need it for my Uni work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like AN5xx-xx, in the meantime, you can use Throttlestop to undervolt your CPU, it's safe and will not reduce the performance, you can use the settings in the video as a guide, you can pause the video and follow the instructions.
    ThrottleStop 9.2 Download (techspot.com)
    Acer Predator Helios 300 - How To FIX Overheating & Battery Life - ThrottleStop Undervolt Guide - YouTube
  • FuzeJM
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like AN5xx-xx, in the meantime, you can use Throttlestop to undervolt your CPU, it's safe and will not reduce the performance, you can use the settings in the video as a guide, you can pause the video and follow the instructions.
    ThrottleStop 9.2 Download (techspot.com)
    Acer Predator Helios 300 - How To FIX Overheating & Battery Life - ThrottleStop Undervolt Guide - YouTube
    yeah sorry the model number is AN515-55
  • Yes, it's a very good guide, follow the steps and you will be fine and benefit from lower temperatures.
  • FuzeJM
    Yes, it's a very good guide, follow the steps and you will be fine and benefit from lower temperatures.
    I followed the guide but the temps seem to be the same
  • FuzeJM
    FuzeJM said:
    Yes, it's a very good guide, follow the steps and you will be fine and benefit from lower temperatures.
    And also now my FPS in warzone has dropped by 70%
  • FuzeJM said:
    FuzeJM said:
    It could be due to high temperatures, I would suggest you to try undervolt and see how it behaves.
  • FuzeJM
    FuzeJM said:
    FuzeJM said:
    It could be due to high temperatures, I would suggest you to try undervolt and see how it behaves.
    My FPS dropped after I undervolted it. It was fine before I did that
  • It could be something else but I don't know the reason, wait for a while, I have asked one of my colleague to help you, he will reply you.
  • FuzeJM
    It could be something else but I don't know the reason, wait for a while, I have asked one of my colleague to help you, he will reply you.
    Sorry my gf unplugged the ac so my FPS was choppy. But now it’s plugged in the temps are going back up to what they were before
  • this problem with temperature, occurred after updating the bios or windows? Have you tried to replace the thermal grease?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FuzeJM said:
    It could be something else but I don't know the reason, wait for a while, I have asked one of my colleague to help you, he will reply you.
    Sorry my gf unplugged the ac so my FPS was choppy. But now it’s plugged in the temps are going back up to what they were before
    It's recommended by Acer to play games while you are connected to AC adapter, so avoid gaming in battery only, I am unable to pin point the problem because undervolting also not very helpful in your case, so please wait for the reply from more experienced member.
  • FuzeJM
    this problem with temperature, occurred after updating the bios or windows? Have you tried to replace the thermal grease?
    Neither! It was like it when I bought it last year. I don’t want to void the warranty so I don’t want to replace the paste having said that I don’t want to send it back to acer as I need it for my University work! Unless they can send me a replacement until mine gets fixed 
  • Try decreasing the processor's performance to 99% and see if the temperature drops.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)