Acer aspire v17 792g to nvme m2 question

So im trying to upgrade my acer aspire nitro black edition v17 792g with a kingston a2000 nvme m2 ssd and i cant seem to get it to work. I cloned my old ssd and switched it with the new one but i cant seem to get it to boot up. My mother board number is nbg6t11008643004e46600.

More then that i cant say but i would appreciate any help. A step by step would be graete as im not very technically savvy.

Answers

• Osman_naskali
    Osman_naskali Member Posts: 4 New User
    Just tried with another computer and after uefi/legacy i managed to get it to work. But that bios is different then mine. I cant access those parts at all. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Osman_naskali
    edited February 2021
    Additionaly, i acn see my ssd in boot options but it doesent seem to want to boot from it. The computer goes into diagnostic mode and then it just says restart or advanced mode. I would have thought i did some thing wrong with the cloning but it works fine on another laptop. Im leaving both laptops on the operation table and calling it a night. I will try to reboot from the newer drive again in the morning. If that fails again i will try updating bios and drivers and try again

• Osman_naskali
    Well i just put the new nvme m2 ssd and it worked. Trying it on the dell laptop must have trigered some thing
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    It looks like your model is one of the Aspire VN7-792Gs. Specs say your model supports SATA drives in the M.2 slot, so getting it to work with an NVMe is likely luck. You could easily have issues in NVMe mode. If they had designed it to work with NVMe they would have put that in the specs, so my guess is they had issues getting it working reliably, or the marketing people just didn't bake it into the specs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.