Display is being wonky could use some help PT515-52

Darkfire575
Darkfire575 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
I have a Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52 and for the life of me I can't find an email for Acer to get help so I thought I'd ask here. I've had no real problems with my Acer except sometimes my display will go horror movie "This is just a test" old school tv screens. If anyone has any idea what is going on or if you believe I need to send my laptop in please let me know!

Edit: I should probably mention this is not the first time I have seen this happen but is the first time it happened to such a degree. I'd say normally it breaks? around on screen options like moving through a websites tabs but this one obviously caught my attention I'll make sure to take more pictures assuming it continues!  

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Looks like a foobard GPU, the fact the start bar is fine is a tad odd though. You could try a full removal of the graphics drivers, then reinstalling the latest stable drivers.

As for the support it depends where you are based, if in the UK a quick link:
    https://customercare.acer-euro.com/customerselfservice/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=UK&LID=ENG&OP=1

Or from the acer site, its under fix my acer :)
  • Darkfire575
    Hey thanks! I just tried it so here's to hoping that worked!
  • Darkfire575
    Leostat said:
    Looks like a foobard GPU, the fact the start bar is fine is a tad odd though. You could try a full removal of the graphics drivers, then reinstalling the latest stable drivers.

As for the support it depends where you are based, if in the UK a quick link:
    https://customercare.acer-euro.com/customerselfservice/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=UK&LID=ENG&OP=1

Or from the acer site, its under fix my acer :)
    Hey! Just wanted to update you! It didn't work, but thank you for trying!! If you have anything else in mind that would be great!
  • Leostat
    is it just chrome it does it in?
  • Darkfire575
    Leostat said:
    is it just chrome it does it in?
    No, it does it with whatever is on my screen so discord will go too but once I wave my mouse over it it vanishes. 
  • Leostat
    If your predator sense supports only use GPU you could try that to see if that helps / hinders, but if its across many things it suggests tis a hardware thing :(
  • @Darkfire575Does this problem still occur? Have you tried to change the graphic mode to GPU ONLY in the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)