predator orion 3000 po3-600-ur18 amazing tempurature improvement!

Options
Frenzy4
Frenzy4 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
I feel this thread should be made in case someone out there with one of these computers searches how to improve temps, as I have done some testing, I suppose.

I have replaced my cpu cooler to a Noctua D9L, which uses a single 92mm fan, but I also bought another 92mm fan to add to it. The cooler comes with a bracket to do this in the future, which is very nice to have.

I have also replaced both case fans the computer came with, adding a 92mm be quiet in the rear, and a noctua 92mm in the front. Both fans the computer came with were only 80mm! The rear is easily installed and fits perfectly. For the front fan unfortunately the air holes where the fan sits and pushes air inside the case were only intended and sized for a 80mm fan, so adding a 92mm fan here is kind of pointless. However, if you drill some holes it will improve cooling even more. I still have not drilled holes and have seen huge temperature improvements, as well as sound! The noise level of the fans before were INSANE, they were so loud and annoying, now with the noctuas and be quiet, the computer is very quiet and even at 100% speeds, the noise is not annoying at all. I am sure even if you purchase a name brand 80mm fan, you will see way better improvement, for sound and temps.

I ran cpu stress tests with only the stock 1-fan d9l added and was getting 96c after 10+ minutes. After adding another 92mm fan to the cpu cooler, the same test improved to 86c. After replacing the front fan with a 92mm noctua, the temps maxed out at 81.6! 15c improvement and keeping it at 80max is something I am happy with.

I should also mention that I am on a i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz on all cores, on a little under 1.3volts. So my temperatures will be way higher than someone running a nonk chip that isnt overclocked. Regardless, I remember when I had a i5-8400 with the stock cpu cooler, my temperatures were at least 80c doing literally anything, reaching 90 always. If I tested this setup with the 8400, my temps would be incredible.

Answers

• Faedis
    Faedis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hey Frenzy4,

I have the Predator Orion 3000-600 with Intelcore i7-9700, RTX 2060 Supe 8GB, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD. I want to change the cpu fan. And maybe the PSU later.
    Does the 
    Noctua D9L fit to this pc? It looks a bit big on the pictures i see. Can you show some pics of your rig at the moment? 
  • overheat
    overheat Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    Hey Frenzy, thanks for your answer to my question. Like Faedis said, could you post a picture of your CPU cooler? I am indeed impressed with the D9L, but I am concerned about the space.
  • Termy2
    Termy2 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    overheat said:
    Hey Frenzy, thanks for your answer to my question. Like Faedis said, could you post a picture of your CPU cooler? I am indeed impressed with the D9L, but I am concerned about the space.
    Faedis said:
    Hey Frenzy4,

I have the Predator Orion 3000-600 with Intelcore i7-9700, RTX 2060 Supe 8GB, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD. I want to change the cpu fan. And maybe the PSU later.
    Does the Noctua D9L fit to this pc? It looks a bit big on the pictures i see. Can you show some pics of your rig at the moment? 
    Why are both of you questions fitment on something that was clearly stated worked??? I don’t understand. He said he has a po3-600 and it worked, do you guys think he lied?...