Upgrading system aspire v5-561G.

Rahmanov
Rahmanov Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, my laptop is an Acer aspire v5-561G. I want to install SSD. How do I know what is right for me and can I install it or not?

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Looking at this teardown:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z10C7XAISfE

It's a standard 2.5 inch drive at the bottom of the laptop next to the ram.  If you remove your cover you will be able to confirm this (sometimes regions have different models, always worth a look) 

If that's the case, almost any standard size (less than 2TB ) 2.5 inch drive will work, SSD or HDD. If you get a standard drive, it will already have drivers and be ready to go

There is only a single slot though, and from what I can see no m2, so you would have to replace the drive rather than being able to add a second

Hope that helps 👍
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer
    Rahmanov said:
    Hi, my laptop is an Acer aspire v5-561G. I want to install SSD. How do I know what is right for me and can I install it or not?
    I would get a Samsung 860 PRO SATA III 2.5 inch that is a SATA3-6GB/sec SSD drive of whatever capacity you can afford, also if you want a cheaper version then use look at their 870 QVO SATA III 2.5 inch that can accomodate up to 8TB of storage (if you are running a GPT BIOS) they are the best and most reliable that I've used plus, they have their own cloning software and tuning software. Also and with the V5-561G upgrade the memory to run PC3-14900 memory as that will work, that is what I'm running on an Aspire V3-571G and it works perfectly and its clocking at 1867MHz total.