Resetting Windows10 on Swift 1 (SF114-32) after bios 1.11 update

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Resetting Windows10 on Swift 1 (SF114-32) after bios 1.11 update.

Answers

• Swifty1
    Swifty1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi all, same here. I had BIOS 1.09 installed on my Swift1 SF114-32. Checked for upgrades and saw 1.14 being available, with the Intel VGA driver disclaimer on 1.11. (Why is this disclaimer not maintained for the newer versions, since it still applies!?!). Such I downloaded the ACER provided Intel VGA driver (Version 26.xyz) and installed it. While the "installed SW" section of Windows 10 (2004 release) showed it being installed, the device manager still maintained & declared the 23.xyz for the graphics card as latest & greatest!!!
    Update of BIOS to 1.14 went well, but build in display being BLACK (argh!!! :s ), HDMI attached Monitor still working (luckily!)
    Installing the latest driver (27.xyz)  from Intel support page (exe) gave the warning that the driver is not certified by the manufacturer and will as such not be installed. Installation terminated.... 
    Downloaded the ZIP package from Intel (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29786/a08/igfx_win10_100.8581.zip) and unzipped. Using the Installation exe will give the same result as with the exe in the step before.
    Went through Driver Update for graphics card in Device-Manager, to select "Find on my computer". Provided path to unzipped folders & checked subfolder search. Clicked Select from "List of drivers on my computer" and picked the new version (See screenshot below). This took a while, but installed well in the end and....
    BUILD IN DISPLAY IS BACK TO LIFE!!!  =)

ACER - as much as I like the machine, this is really lousy support :# !!!! Guys,
    > get the disclaimer attached to all versions from 1.11 onwards
    > Make sure your recommended driver update really works! Have a check procedure via Device Manager for the user to perform prior to BIOS update as mandatory step!
    > Provide a driver that works even for the SF114-32 community!!!