Does Aspire 3 A315-41 can use NVMe SSD at M.2 slot ?

dHabonk
dHabonk Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi guys and girls..
does anyone know if ASPIRE 3 A315-41 can use a NVMe  SSD at M.2 slot ?  i'd like to upgrade my laptop. i'm kind of confuse for choosing m.2 NAND or m2 NVMe.
cause i heard it can't using NVMe.. If there anyone had tried and successfully using those please kindly let me know. And if there any suggestion of upgrading M.2 slot in ASPIRE 3, it would be great !!

Thanks !
dH

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You can use a SATA M.2 SSD in your laptop, there's not much noticeable difference between these drives except in larger file transfers.

• dHabonk
    thank for answering... but i kinda looking for make it faster transfer and faster processing. Does it possible to put it a NVMe ?
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately no, NVMe SSD will not work in this model :'(
  • dHabonk
    Unfortunately no, NVMe SSD will not work in this model :'(
    how sad...  :'(
    now that's answer my big question on my head. lets move on shall we..  ;)

should i go with samsung, WD, or the Tammuz ( www.tammuz.co.krwhich is much cheaper than both.
    anyway, what have you put on yours @brummyfan2 ?

• beaversqueezer
    beaversqueezer Member Posts: 4 New User
    I put a Samsung 1tb 860 Evo SSD in mine and it's much faster.
  • Super_Noah
    Super_Noah Member Posts: 2 New User
    what about WD is it good?
  • Marac
    Marac Member Posts: 2 New User
    People, i hava A315-41 and it does support NVMe ssd-s.Slot looks just like ordered for nvme ssds :)
  • Marac
    Marac Member Posts: 2 New User
    Port for SSD is made with one teeth (for one cut out ond disk)
  • Vatsal99
    Vatsal99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Marac said:
    People, i hava A315-41 and it does support NVMe ssd-s.Slot looks just like ordered for nvme ssds :)
    Really does it work?? And how's the speed and all?. 
    The engineer from acer who came to my place said that i can add an nvme with max capacity of 512gb
  • brummyfan2
    Vatsal99 said:
    Marac said:
    Really does it work?? And how's the speed and all?. 
    The engineer from acer who came to my place said that i can add an nvme with max capacity of 512gb
    Hi,
    I haven't seen anyone installed a NVMe SSD in this model.
  • Does not support. See the comments for this video:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sircharles73
    Sircharles73 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi all

I need help with my Aspire A315-41-R3WB.
    Actually my A315 have a NVMe 256gb SSD and I want to install also a Samsung SSD MZ-76E1T0B with Sata port.
    Now on my A315 the sata port doesn't appear as in the image below 

I find some info to install SSD using cable sata below 
    Now I can't understand how to connect the new Sata cable to the Mainboard because if I connect the Sata cable to the port on the right, the board on the left will be disconnected, so how I can connect the cable and still have the connection for the board on the left?

Thanks for any suggestion.

• Can you send a photot of your main board?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zil
    zil Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi all

Actually my A315 have a NVMe 256gb SSD and I want to install also a Samsung SSD MZ-76E1T0B with Sata port.

This picture shows a sata card (you can actually see the Serial ATA logo)!
    Why do you call this NVMe ?
    What model is your M2 hard drive?

• Sircharles73
    Sircharles73 Member Posts: 2 New User
    zil said:
    Hi all

This picture shows a sata card (you can actually see the Serial ATA logo)!
    Why do you call this NVMe ?
    What model is your M2 hard drive?

Hi Zil,

i have to connect this SSD:

Samsung MZ-76E1T0B / EU 860 EVO - SSD.

This drive has standard Sata connetors so I bought the cable to pinout the standard sata as you se in my post.
  • Casinada
    Casinada Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi all

I find some info to install SSD using cable sata below 
    Now I can't understand how to connect the new Sata cable to the Mainboard because if I connect the Sata cable to the port on the right, the board on the left will be disconnected, so how I can connect the cable and still have the connection for the board on the left?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Hello
    Hey I have a question, I have that same model of computer but it does not recognize the NMve 128 GB SSD, can you tell me how did you make it recognize it? Thanks
  • @Casinada Is the ssd showing up in the bios info tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer