How to Fix Integrated Webcam Not Working on Windows 10

jacksparrow007
jacksparrow007 Member Posts: 3 New User
How to Fix Integrated Webcam Not Working on Windows 10

If your integrated webcam is not working since Windows 10 update or upgrade, the problem is likely to be caused by faulty drivers or driver conflicts. To fix the problem, first, check the driver status in Device Manager. Follow instructions in this post and your webcam should work again.

First, go to Device Manager and see if there is a yellow mark next to the webcam device. The device may list under entry Imaging devices or Other devices. If under Other devices, the device name could also be Unknown Device.

Uninstall the Driver

1. Right-click on the device and select Uninstall on the pop-up context menu.
2. Confirm Device Uninstall window will pop up. Click OK button to apply the uninstall.
3. Reboot your computer. After rebooting, Windows will reinstall the driver automatically.

If Windows does not install the driver automatically, download and install the latest driver manually.

Update the Driver Manually

Go to your PC manufacturer’s website to download the latest Windows 10 driver for the integrated webcam. Before you get started, ensure that you know the PC model and the specific operating system that you are using (See How to Get Operating System Version).

For some PC models, the manufacturer may not release Windows 10 driver. If you are in this situation, download the driver for Windows 7 or Windows 8, which is always compatible with Windows 10.

Usually, the downloaded driver file will be .zip file or .exe file. For .zip file, extract it completely then you will get the .exe file. To install the driver, just double-click on the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.

After installing the driver, if the problem persists, install the driver again in the Compatibility mode for Windows 7. Follow these steps:

1. Go to the webcam software program folder and find the executable file (.exe).
2. Right-click on the file and select Properties in the pop-up context menu.
3. Go to Compatibility tab and change the Compatibility mode to Windows 7. After that, click Apply and OK button to apply the changes.
4. Install the driver again.
If you have difficulty downloading and installing the driver manually, you can use Driver Easy to help you. Driver Easy can scan your computer to detect all problem drivers in several seconds, then give you new drivers. It has Free version and Paid version. With Paid version, to update drivers, all you need to do is click your mouse 2 times. Moreover, you can enjoy professional tech support guarantee, you can contact us for further assistance regarding the integrated webcam not working issue. To resolve the problem, use Driver Easy as your final solution (Recommended).

Instructions for the device with not yellow mark on it:

Disable and Enable the Device

1. Right-click on the device and select Uninstall on the pop-up context menu.
2. Right-click on the device again and select Enable on the pop-up context menu.

If the problem persists, you might need to reset the computer. Note while performing reset, ensure to select Keep my files so that your personal files will be saved.

Follow these steps to reset the computer:

1. Click Start menu icon in left bottom corner.
2. Click on Power button, hold down Shift key and click on Restart.

Make sure you hold the Shift key down when Windows is restarting and don’t release it until you see the following screen.

3. Select Troubleshoot.
4. Select Reset this PC.
5. Select Keep my files.

Good luck

Answers

• qdot1
    qdot1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for Sharing such a wonderfull information.
    ISO consultancy in UAE, ISO certification in UAE, Management system consultancy in UAE, Management system certification in UAE, QMS Consultancy in UAE, EMS Consultancy in UAE, OHSAS 18001 consultancy in UAE, HSE consultancy in UAE, QHSE consultancy in UAE, HACCP Consultancy in UAE, FSMS Consultancy in UAE, HALAL Consultancy in UAE, GMP Consultancy in UAE, BRC Consultancy in UAE, HALAL Consultancy in UAE, Food Safety Consultancy in UAE, OSHAD Consultancy in UAE, IMS Consultancy in UAE, ISO 9001 Consultancy in UAE, ISO 14001 consultancy in UAE, OHSAS 18001 consultancy in UAE, ISO 45001 consultancy in UAE, ISO 22000 consultancy in UAE, ISO 22716 Consultancy in UAE, ISO 17020 Consultancy in UAE, ESMA Registration, Product Registration with ESMA, Product Registration with Dubai Municipality, EQM Registration, ECAS Registration, ECAS Certification, SASO Registration, SASO Certification in UAE, Basic Food Hygiene Training in UAE, BFH Training in UAE, Person incharge training in UAE, PIC Training in UAE, Lead Auditor Training in UAE, Internal Auditor Training in UAE, QMS Awareness Training in UAE, IMS awareness Training in UAE, ISO 9001 Awareness Training, ISO 17025 consultancy in UAE, ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System) Consultancy in UAE, emirates quality mark
  • KerryG
    KerryG Member Posts: 1 New User
    tried all the above camera still not working, just black screen, when I first tried to use on zoom, it flashed on off a few times then went off, so tried all the above even reset still nothing, Acer Aspire Z24.  any other suggestions?

• DaveZimny
    DaveZimny Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem as KerryG above:  my camera flashed on a few times when I first tried Zoom, then went off.  Acer Aspire M5.  Tried all above fixes without success.  Would appreciate suggestions!
  • dayve
    dayve Member Posts: 1 New User
    after phoning two acer tech helps they gave up after telling me to uninstall the camera driver .  i phoned currys pc world tech help as my acer swift sf 314 41 is only 2 months old.   he suggested i shut down the laptop, disconnect all leads including power lead.  then hold power button down for 30 seconds then to plug in power lead and to start up as normal .  BOOM the camera is now working .  
  • Himaanshu
    Himaanshu Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

dayve said:
    after phoning two acer tech helps they gave up after telling me to uninstall the camera driver .  i phoned currys pc world tech help as my acer swift sf 314 41 is only 2 months old.   he suggested i shut down the laptop, disconnect all leads including power lead.  then hold power button down for 30 seconds then to plug in power lead and to start up as normal .  BOOM the camera is now working .  
    Same problem with me for my acer aspire 5 (A515-54G) laptop. Tried every mentioned ways to fix but failed. May I try your tips for my laptop? will it work?
  • chayuri07
    chayuri07 Member Posts: 2 New User
    PLEASE HELP Me! My Aspire 3 camera is not working! it really completely dark! I just bought it last day. I am totally ***** off coz I have an interview today! please help me asap T.T
  • chayuri07
    chayuri07 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Like I am so disappointed with the camera! please help me I badly needed to fix this early today! 
  • ionman
    ionman Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

i have my Acer NITRO 7, same problem for the camera, i already tried to install windows 10 clean setup, update it, all posible solutions i tried. Nothing.. still not working
  • emw48
    emw48 Member Posts: 1 New User
    unplug, turn off, 30 seconds, Bingo!  Camera restored.  Magic.  Thanks
  • mdiaz9607
    mdiaz9607 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Unplug, hold power button down for 30 seconds, and restart. SWEEEET!!  Camera is working!! Thanks Himaanshu and Currys PC World!
  • Ayappan
    Ayappan Member Posts: 4 New User
    Himaanshu said:
    dayve said:
    Same problem with me for my acer aspire 5 (A515-54G) laptop. Tried every mentioned ways to fix but failed. May I try your tips for my laptop? will it work?
    Hey Himaanshu,
    Did it worked?
    I have the same model and I am having this issue from more than 8 months now.
    Because, of online semesters, I can't even send the Laptop for service repairs too. Just disappointed with this camera. After trying all, I concluded myself that it's a hardware issue and I need to live with it. The camera hardware might be of low quality. Sometimes at the beginning, a very light tap nearby the camera area did helped But, now that too has given up.
    I just want to know, what you did to get your camera fixed.
  • queensgambit
    queensgambit Member Posts: 2 New User
    KerryG said:
    tried all the above camera still not working, just black screen, when I first tried to use on zoom, it flashed on off a few times then went off, so tried all the above even reset still nothing, Acer Aspire Z24.  any other suggestions?

The recent windows update affected the camera driver in your laptop. The solution is to install windows again in factory settings and never update your windows because the problem will occur again.
    The recent windows update affected the camera driver in your laptop.
     The solution is to install windows again in factory settings and never update your windows because the problem will occur again.
     Just try this one out or install earlier version of windows 10.
  • queensgambit
    queensgambit Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ayappan said:
    Himaanshu said:
    dayve said:
    Hey Himaanshu,
    Did it worked?
    I have the same model and I am having this issue from more than 8 months now.
    Because, of online semesters, I can't even send the Laptop for service repairs too. Just disappointed with this camera. After trying all, I concluded myself that it's a hardware issue and I need to live with it. The camera hardware might be of low quality. Sometimes at the beginning, a very light tap nearby the camera area did helped But, now that too has given up.
    I just want to know, what you did to get your camera fixed.
    The recent windows update affected the camera driver in your laptop.
     The solution is to install windows again in factory settings and never update your windows because the problem will occur again.
     Just try this one out or install earlier version of windows 10.
This discussion has been closed.