my acer aspire E5-475G have battery problem. please help !!!

Athallah_Gamer
Athallah_Gamer Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

hello everyone

i am having problem with my Acer Aspire E5-475G battery. when it is not charging the laptop won't even turn on and i am very confused. i keep pressing the power button but still no result. and then when i plug for the laptop to charge it can turn on properly without any problem at all. boot up, restart, and shutdown are normal. i have noticed that the battery is not charging at all, the battery stuck at 87% and it is not increasing even though it says "plugged in, charging". when i unplug the charger, the laptop died and wont start up again. so the only thing i can do is to keep charging the laptop which is suck so hard. can you tell me what is the problem ?? is it hardware or a software ?? this morning at school the laptop work fine. please help me !!!!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

You can try a battery reset after removing the AC adapter, leave the laptop to rest for a while before reconnecting and start:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

You can also calibrate the battery for accurate battery life:http://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/

• Athallah_Gamer

the thing is my acer care center say everything is fine. here is the picture.

so can you tell me every events that can cause this problem ??? like can viruses, malwares, trojan and other things cause this ???

Acer Care Center

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

Yes, you can check for virus using Malwarebytes but please follow the instructions posted earlier.

• Athallah_Gamer

and also i can't feel any heat from my battery at all when it is charging so it is kind of weird. this is definitely a battery problem. i think i have to go to the service center that is very very far away. it is all the way across the city from south jakarta to center jakarta. it is about more than an hour trip with busway. so yeah.... this is suck and also i have to prepare my laptop for exam soon.

• FarahNabihah
    FarahNabihah Member Posts: 3 New User

hello everyone

i am having problem with my Acer Aspire E5-475G battery. when it is not charging the laptop won't even turn on and i am very confused. i keep pressing the power button but still no result. and then when i plug for the laptop to charge it can turn on properly without any problem at all. boot up, restart, and shutdown are normal. i have noticed that the battery is not charging at all, the battery stuck at 87% and it is not increasing even though it says "plugged in, charging". when i unplug the charger, the laptop died and wont start up again. so the only thing i can do is to keep charging the laptop which is suck so hard. can you tell me what is the problem ?? is it hardware or a software ?? this morning at school the laptop work fine. please help me !!!!

I have a same problem too. But it says "plugged in"
    When i unplug the charger, the laptop died. 
  • FarahNabihah
    FarahNabihah Member Posts: 3 New User
    I used aspire e5-475g. I have clicked the reset battery button at under the laptop, and when i unplugged the charger the laptop died. When i restart the laptop, the battery are at 86% it said "plugged in". I already use all method, unplugged the battery, uninstall the battery at device manager. But it still same. Died when i unplugged the charger. And did not turn on when i did not connected the charger.
  • Liew
    Liew Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ive got the same problem too that  Farah and Athallah has it