next@acer 2020

acer travelmate b1 B117-M-P7VH install additional ssd

apgrapgr Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast
hi, my B117-M-P7VH (https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_acer-travelmate-b1-b117-m-p7vh-2292498.html) has a 64gb emmc drive, and i want to install an additional sata3 ssd for additional data storage, like a crucial mx500.
i can see that it fits in the bay and there is also a suitable connector. what i'm wondering is if i dont need any screws or cage to fix the drive in place.
has anyone done this before? do the models which come with preinstalled hdds have screws? i'd be interested in pictures to compare to my situation.

Best Answer

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 55,594 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    check here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

FAQ & Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 55,594 Trailblazer
    check here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-TravelMate-B117-M/38357
    HDD HOLDER (MYLAR+SPONE) 42.VCGN7.002

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • apgrapgr Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast
    edited April 28
    what am i supposed to look at in this link? i did not find the mylar thing or any other useful information there.
    what happens to the mylar and sponge? is that glued to the harddrive?
    is that how the ones shipped originally with a hdd are? no screws?
    in that case i would just grab some foam and diy it, feeling a bit at peace but not much. at least the ssd is way lighter than an hdd. ;-)
    Accepted Answer
    check here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• apgrapgr Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast
    the is also a great detailed reply in the german forum: https://community.acer.com/de/discussion/comment/837000#Comment_837000
    edited April 28
    Now, on the questioning of colleague kno63, I also think that it is not worth paying the amount of 30 euros! You may be able to find similar support at a repair center.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer