Acer One 110-ICT : Support, Tweaking and Review

prabhushakti
prabhushakti Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Acer One 110-ICT: Informal Support

Using the Acer serial number detection tool, we can easily determine the model and unique product id etc. Next, since Windows 10 32-bit is already activated on this x86 cpu with 2GB of ram and additional micro-sd slot, we can add upto 64GB of stroage device.
Register your product first: click here.
Running <b>msinfo32 </b>we can get detailed information about the pc. Check out the attached txt file.
Using revo-uninstaller portable, we can uninstall many windows apps and by running <b>msconfig</b>, we can turn off various windows and third-party services. Other helpful apps to manage self-starting services is the built in computer management tool. It helps disabling windows defender, Cortana like services.

Now, I personally prefer portable, lightweight, mostly freeware and if necessary ancient programs. Apps I exclusively use in
this device:
check my other posts to download them. Click here.
Now, it is possible to use some hardcore apps like Microsoft Office, adobe acrobat etc. but my problem is, heavy cpu demanding and fancy apps that drain battery! Also I'd advice to rather unintsall the acer care centre app! The battery has around 40000 charge cycles and is only 8000mAh. Not bad!

There is absolutely no product support for this laptop or tablet or netbook, not even any dedicated page to update the firmware or drivers, probably it was manufactured to serve govt. employees! However, here is the official image for restoration/repair of the system, to download: click here.

A usb, an otg cable with its detachable keyboard ***** pointing device, a 5v, 2A charger whose port is perhaps impossible to find! The pin size is 10mm, dc plug outer dia is 2.5mm and inner is 0.8mm. But hopefully, it can also be charged using the micro usb slot, so your charger will do! The keyboard set has an extra usb slot and can be used to input any external hdd. So a total of 2 USB input(including keyboard) from which one of them is usb 3.0 and a micro usb and a mini hdmi is all you get! You can use the laptop as reverse charging device, I wouldn't do it. Also think of this device as tablet,not as a laptop: so do not charge and use at the same time, and avoid the docking keyboard thing!

I usually use this device to create documents(including calculation, simulation and wiring diagrams), browse internet, write emails, video calling, watch films, take notes, play dos games. For performance boosting, I have turned off animations, wallpaper, used a 16bits lock screen image of my favourite pattern and tweaked Cortana and Windows Defender. However, they are still the worst application I haven't been able to get rid off! I tried some registry hacks, and successfully turned off both of them, but the live-tile-thing didn't work anymore, so had to reinstall!

My tablet has been doing fine in last 6 months, however, one charger is broken and also Windows corrupted my sd card once, and I would be glad if it lasts for a year, but how about yours?

Answers

This discussion has been closed.