Hard disk enclosure

Mel86
Mel86 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello community,

I have an aspire E5-573-C5WH laptop that doesn’t start anymore. I want to recover some files of my hard drive.

I would need a hard drive usb enclosure. Can someone point me in the right direction?  What enclosure would be good for my hard drive? I think it’s  

Thank you in advance for your help

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon Mel86 !

If the question is to recover the files only, there are several procedures:

1- you can purchase an external case for 2.5 "inch HDDs
    2- can boot the system with a Linux distro in live mode and perform backup to an external drive
    3- you can remove the HDD and connect directly to another computer as a slave to access the data

Anyway ... there are several possibilities

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon Mel86 !

If the question is to recover the files only, there are several procedures:

1- you can purchase an external case for 2.5 "inch HDDs
    2- can boot the system with a Linux distro in live mode and perform backup to an external drive
    3- you can remove the HDD and connect directly to another computer as a slave to access the data

Anyway ... there are several possibilities

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Mel86
    Mel86 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi MaClane,

thank you so much for your quick response!

I only need to recover a few files. So I think option 1 is the easiest (or in my case most dummy proof :-)) , just buy an external case of amazon and place the harddrive in there.

thanks again!  
  • MaClane
    As soon as you can, come back and let me know here.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™