Acer E380 android upgrade

Jon1001
Jon1001 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My E380 has Android 4.2.2, I need to upgrade Android. When I use the Acer Live updater, I get the message 'failed to update due to network or server problem', even though I have internet connection.
So I went to the Acer download area, followed the instructions and downloaded OS_Acer_Acer.AV0K0.E380.1.004.00.EMEA.GEN1s_A44K_A on to a desktop pc.
According to the instructions, I should then run setup.exe on the pc. But there is no such file - the nearest is SetupWizard.apk.
That is an Android program.
So what should I do?
Jon

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Jon1001
    The below mentioned steps  should fix “Network error, please try again later” error.

>>>Go to Settings > Applications > Google Drive. Here, tap on “Storage” and then tap on “Clear Data” to reset Google Drive data. 

>>> Also, try to grant it Storage rights. Go into Settings > Apps. Click three dot menu at top right and choose System. Scroll to Acer Live Updater and grant it Storage rights. After do that run the update and works fine.

>>>Go to Settings > Applications > Select ALL > Tap the Acer Live updater application > tap on clear data (if available) and tap on clear cache
    tap on force stop
    then go to settings/about tablet
    tap on System updates and check now

>>> if it still crash, you can try a factory reset too (backup all your personal data first)
    Go to settings/Backup & reset - factory data reset
    Once done, don't install any application but check about updates
    then go to settings/about tablet
    tap on System updates and check now.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jon1001
    Jon1001 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Tom

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

I have done a factory reset twice. The first time I did it, it asked for my Google login, which I gave. I logged in to wifi. When I tried for a system update, I got the error message. So I did a factory reset again, and this time I did not give the google login. It asked for my Acer login, which I did not have, so I skipped that. I logged in to wifi. Again, when I tried for a system update, I got the error message.

I don't have a sim in this phone, as I just want to use it for listening to podcasts. But I can't get the BBC Sounds app, as it needs a later version of Android than the one I have. Does the lack of a sim make any difference?

Thanks
    Jon

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    @Jon1001 are you sure their is new update available?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566