Can't boot from usb flashdrive even after disable secure boot (Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G)

Options
emailbroh
emailbroh Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The only boot option is windows boot manager. I have tried booting my flashdrive using another laptop and it booted just fine. However, I cant make it work in my Acer swift3 laptop. I have disabled secure boot and enabled f12 boot menu, but I only see windows boot manager as boot option. I have attached my bios settings.

Answers

• emailbroh
    Options

I decided to make another bootable flashdrive using Rufus with GPT/FAT32 linux mint cinnamon iso. After that I can boot into my flash drive and greeted with above bash black screen. I can only type command. I want to get to live usb. Any help appreciated.
  • CptNaditra
    CptNaditra Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hey bro i have a same issues one month ago while i am upgrading my ssd to hdd and i solved the problem with this

You just need to change your new hdd/ssd partition from uefi to gpt 

How to change?

Just check in yt 

: HOW TO CHANGE DISK FROM UEFI TO GPT

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    @CptNaditra I believe you mean change from MBR to GPT. MBR is the old disk type that is only for legacy BIOS, GPT is the new for UEFI.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • emailbroh
    Options
    I have solved it. I changed the partition type in Rufus. I successfully booted into my flash drive.