Aspire A315-42 camera black.

mat656
mat656 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi i just bought an Aspire A315-42. I started setting it up downloading some basic programs that i use and i removed some of the ***** windows preinstalled apps. Now i have a problem the camera was working well but now wen i try to open the Camera app or Skype it's just black. The camera works only inside the Camera app if i try to change the resolution, but after if i close and reopen the app is still black like te exposure or something is wrong. I tried to remove it from  device manager and restart the pc but nothing still black. The pc has 1 day of life. Does anyone know how to solve it? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>wen i try to open the Camera app or Skype it's just black. >>>
    >>>camera works only inside the Camera app>>>

Please explain??? Does the camera work in Camera app or does it not work in Camera app? Or does it not work only in Skype? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gstrong33
    gstrong33 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have exactly the same issue... any solution? Want to use the camera to keep in touch with relatives through skype and it is just black.

Camera will only work in the camera app, not in video calling apps :(

Any ideas?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Did you personally setup and install Skype? When you first try to use Skype, it should ask for permission to use the cam. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ