Aspire 5 A517-51G IMAGE PROBLEM

Welshboy
Welshboy Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop started doing funny things the other day, I tried a chkdsk and all is fine, and I don't have a virus. So I tried doing a restart to factory settings but after so long of it doing that it stops and returns to the blue screen asking do you want to load into windows or do a reset, if I choose windows I can log back in to windows but with the same problem, is my image iso faulty as its on my hdd that's in my laptop as I didn't know I could of burnt an image to a different place using acer care centre.  I s there anywhere I can download the image iso for this laptop 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    You can download the generic Microsoft Win10 image but not the ACER factory Win10 image. The two images are different. You can re-try the factory reset using the ALT+F10 cold boot method as follows. Press and hold the power button till the laptop completely shuts off. Then turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. Choose the option to remove everything for a complete factory reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ