AN515-43 - Where I can find a compatible 8 GB RAM for it?

Harry910
Harry910 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2019 in Nitro Gaming
I recently purchased an Acer Nitro Gaming Laptop (AN515-43) and I want to upgrade it's 8 GB RAM to 16 GB. Will the warranty be voided in doing so? And there is no Acer service center in my city, so can anyone tell me where I can find a compatible 8 GB RAM for it.

Best Answers

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    If there is no sticker stating "warranty void if removed " covering the screw holding the RAM door, then you are OK to upgrade the RAM yourself
    The link below is for an 8gb 2666 mhz stick from Crucial who guarantee compatibility for your exact model. I write down the part number and buy it from Amazon, it is faster delivery and cheaper.

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/nitro-5-an515-43/CT15276812

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Download and install CPU-z, run it,go to SPD tab and Memory tab to find out the specs of the current module installed, then you can shop online for a matching module and install.
    You have to remove the back cover to access the slots, so you need to find out whether taking off will void the warranty by contacting Acer support centre in your region.
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    You can install a DDR4 2400MHz or a 2666MHz module in your model.
    Examples:https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/nitro-5-an515-43
    https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk/laptop/acer/nitro-5-series-an515-43/acer-nitro-5-an515-43-xxxx-laptop
  • Stoneyrun
    Stoneyrun Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

If you have the Ryzen 7 model you may be limited to 2400mhz ram speed. The intel model can go up to 2666mhz. This is the best info I can gather from my own research. If true, the above info may be wrong, or at best incomplete.
  • andylb
    Stoneyrun said:
    If you have the Ryzen 7 model you may be limited to 2400mhz ram speed. The intel model can go up to 2666mhz. This is the best info I can gather from my own research. If true, the above info may be wrong, or at best incomplete.

With either model a single stick will run at 2666mhz but with both AMD and Intel, 2 paired sticks will run at 2400. Intel is capable of running at 2666 if it has xmp technology which the Nitro series doesn’t. I have heard that Kingston do a 2666 with Xmp plug and play but I haven’t heard of anybody successfully using it on a Nitro 5

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Stoneyrun

Tinkerer

Mine shipped with kingston DDR 2666. Though the system task manager reports the speed at 2667. I could not find this info anywhere prior to my laptop arriving. My model is listed below in case anyone else wants to order a 2nd ram stick while theirs is shipping.

Nitro AN515-43-R1QT ryzen 7 512GB SSD RX260X.

• Stoneyrun

Tinkerer

edited February 2020
    Just tried installing a 2nd DDR 2666 stick(Crucial) ordered from the link above. Boots to a black screen. Tried swapping stick sockets with no luck. Removed 2nd stick and back to normal. My guess is in order to get 16GB installed it requires ordering paired DDR 2400 ram (2x8). Sounds silly but that's where I'm at now.
  • andylb
    Stoneyrun said:
    Just tried installing a 2nd DDR 2666 stick(Crucial) ordered from the link above. Boots to a black screen. Tried swapping stick sockets with no luck. Removed 2nd stick and back to normal. My guess is in order to get 16GB installed it requires ordering paired DDR 2400 ram (2x8). Sounds silly but that's where I'm at now.

Did you try the 2nd stick by itself? if it's still not working by itself it's a bad stick, it happens. 2666 will work fine paired with 2400, it will just run at 2400.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Stoneyrun

Tinkerer

It is paired with the factory installed 2666. So, it was dual 2666 ram sticks that would boot to black screen. Tried swapping sockets and no luck. I forgot to try just the new stick by itself but will do that next. Do I understand correctly that two functioning sticks of DDR4 2666 CAN work in this product?
  • Stoneyrun

Tinkerer

This laptop is totally different than any listed in the instructions for upgrading both ram and 2.5 SSD. The connections are in totally different locations and there are no pictures or instructions available on support pages for this particular model that I can find.
  • andylb
    Stoneyrun said:
    It is paired with the factory installed 2666. So, it was dual 2666 ram sticks that would boot to black screen. Tried swapping sockets and no luck. I forgot to try just the new stick by itself but will do that next. Do I understand correctly that two functioning sticks of DDR4 2666 CAN work in this product?

Yes your MOB supports 2400/2666 although the 2666 when paired runs at 2400, go figure. So I suspect bad RAM

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    andylb said:
    Stoneyrun said:

Yes your MOB supports 2400/2666 although the 2666 when paired runs at 2400, go figure. So I suspect bad RAM
    Hi @andylb ,
    Yes, you could be right, either it's a bad RAM or incompatible RAM, I can not see @Stoneyrun mentioning the make and model of the RAM.
  • andylb
    edited February 2020
    @brummyfan2 He said it was a 2666 8gb stick from Crucial.
    @Stoneyrun If you installed a 2nd 8gb 2666mhz stick from Crucial it should have been this one and if it is then either the RAM or DIMM socket is bad. If the one known good stick works in either DIMM socket the new RAM is either incompatible or bad

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb said:
    @brummyfan2 He said it was a 2666 8gb stick from Crucial.
    @Stoneyrun If you installed a 2nd 8gb 2666mhz stick from Crucial it should have been this one and if it is then either the RAM or DIMM socket is bad. If the one known good stick works in either DIMM socket the new RAM is either incompatible or bad

Yes, these modules start at 2133MHz and when higher speed needed it will achieve the speed.

• Stoneyrun

Tinkerer

edited February 2020
    Crucial 8GB 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Notebook Memory Model CT8G4SFS8266 is what I bought to add to the 2nd socket and didn't work. When I ran the manufacturer/model thru the crucial website this was the ram that was suggested to purchase.
    Configuration ID - CT15633205 
    Brand: Crucial
    Warranty: Limited Lifetime 
    Series: Crucial
    Form Factor: SODIMM 
    Total Capacity: 8GB 
    Specs: DDR4 PC4-21300 • CL=19 • Single Ranked • x8 based • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR4-2666 • 1.2V • 1024Meg x 64 •
    Speed: 2666 MT/S 
    DIMM Type: Unbuffered 
    ECC: NON-ECC 
    Voltage: 1.2V 
  • Stoneyrun said:
    Crucial 8GB 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Notebook Memory Model CT8G4SFS8266 is what I bought to add to the 2nd socket and didn't work. When I ran the manufacturer/model thru the crucial website this was the ram that was suggested to purchase.
    Configuration ID - CT15633205 
    Brand: Crucial
    Warranty: Limited Lifetime 
    Series: Crucial
    Form Factor: SODIMM 
    Total Capacity: 8GB 
    Specs: DDR4 PC4-21300 • CL=19 • Single Ranked • x8 based • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR4-2666 • 1.2V • 1024Meg x 64 •
    Speed: 2666 MT/S 
    DIMM Type: Unbuffered 
    ECC: NON-ECC 
    Voltage: 1.2V 
    You already have a 2666MHz module, Crucial recommends this module, so I think it could be a faulty module.
  • Jar8
    Jar8 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

So what did you do? 
    Which one is the correct? 
    I have the same model than you and I want to install 8gb extra ram in it? 
    This Nitro 5 has two slots right? 
    just I need to install the new one in the free slot is that correct? 
    and automatic detected right?
  • Jar8
    Jar8 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Jar8 said:
    So what did you do? 
    Which one is the correct? 
    I have the same model than you and I want to install 8gb extra ram in it? 
    This Nitro 5 has two slots right? 
    just I need to install the new one in the free slot is that correct? 
    and automatic detected right?

• andylb
    @Jar8 The original poster has the correct module for his model and either the module shipped is bad or the DIMM slot is bad. The answer is yes to all your questions

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020

As mentioned before, install CPUz and go to SPD > Slot #1 section and see the full specs of your existing RAM there and try to match it. If you can’t I would recommend that you purchase 2x 8GB of the same and equal specs RAM, as RAM functions much better if paired and its exactly the same. This is the compatible ram from Crucial for your Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43memory: Slots: 2 (2 banks of 1) / Maximum Memory: 32GB *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory. Standard Memory: 8GB removable Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM CT8G4SFS8266

• Stoneyrun

Tinkerer

Update: Dimm socket tested good with factory shipped Kingston 2666 ram stick. Returning crucial 2666 bad ram stick for replacement. Ram seller states that crucial 2666 should work in this model and is sending a return label and will replace free of any additional charges. I just got unlucky with a bad ram stick apparently.