MY LAPTOP MODEL IS ACER F5-573G. CAN I REPLACE MY STOCK RAM WITH 2133 MHz TO 2666 MHz?

Nyoki
Nyoki Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I WANT TO UPGRADE MY LAPTOP AND I WANT SOME TIPS IF IT WILL WORK ON MY LAPTOP MODEL. MY LAPTOP MODEL IS ACER F5-573 AND I WANT TO INCREASE ITS CLOCKSPEED BY UPGRADING MY RAM FROM 4GB DDR4 TO 8GB DDR4. PLEASE HELP ME <3 THANK YOU.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>IT IS SAID HERE THAT MY MODEL COULD ONLY OVERCLOCK AT 2400 MHz SPEED.>>>

It is said 'here'?   Where is 'here'? Generally speaking I don't recommend overclocking due to potential for heat damage and necessity to also adjust CPU & GPU speed to even approach a maximum 12% bus speed increase  Remember the actual increase is less and probably hardly noticeable because the CPU/GPU typically spend much less than 100% of the time communicating only with RAM through the bus. But if you want to risk the potential drawbacks for possible modest speed gains, google 'overclocking bus freeware 2020' Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited January 2020
    Yes you can upgrade to 8GB RAM and up to 32GB. But changing to higher speed RAM does not increase clock BUS speed interaction with the CPU. However, higher speed RAM should work OK but only at the maximum allowed  BUS speed. Go to crucial dot com for recommendations on increasing RAM capacity  https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-f5-573 Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nyoki

Tinkerer

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR. HOPE TO HAVE MUCH TO LEARN FROM YOU IN THE FUTURE SIR <3 GOD BLESS
  • Nyoki

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Yes you can upgrade to 8GB RAM and up to 32GB. But changing to higher speed RAM does not increase clock BUS speed interaction with the CPU. However, higher speed RAM should work OK but only at the maximum allowed  BUS speed. Go to crucial dot com for recommendations on increasing RAM capacity  https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-f5-573 Jack E/NJ

SIR ANOTHER QUESTION. IT IS SAID HERE THAT MY MODEL COULD ONLY OVERCLOCK AT 2400 MHz SPEED. MY QUESTION IS, HOW TO CONFIGURE OR CHANGE MY CLOCKSPEED? MY CURRENT CLOCKSPEED IS AT DEFAULT WHICH IS ONLY 2133 MHz. PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>IT IS SAID HERE THAT MY MODEL COULD ONLY OVERCLOCK AT 2400 MHz SPEED.>>>

It is said 'here'?   Where is 'here'? Generally speaking I don't recommend overclocking due to potential for heat damage and necessity to also adjust CPU & GPU speed to even approach a maximum 12% bus speed increase  Remember the actual increase is less and probably hardly noticeable because the CPU/GPU typically spend much less than 100% of the time communicating only with RAM through the bus. But if you want to risk the potential drawbacks for possible modest speed gains, google 'overclocking bus freeware 2020' Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ