Acer W3-810 Can I make a Restore USB Thumb Drive from my 2 Original Acer Restore DVD's??

Greywolf1967
Greywolf1967 Member Posts: 46 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
 My USB DVD/RW drive has been very flaky as of late an my last two attempts to restore back to factory failed, is there a known way to have an 8 GB USB thumb drive do the work of the original DVD recovery disks?????

Answers

• What were the failures that occurred? Do you still have the operating system provided by Acer, installed on the hdd?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The W3-810 didn't have a recovery image on the drive, instead they shipped with recovery disks. I can't remember if there was a boot disk and an image disk or if they were each a portion of the full image. You could always test by copying both disks to a folder then copying the contents of that folder to your flash drive. After you have the flash drive created try doing the recovery install from the flash drive from within Windows.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Greywolf1967
    bilsey I was never able to do a copy and paste to a Thumb drive, I tried a few years back. As far as I am aware it's a split image, some of the needed items on disk one and the others on disk 2.
     I am going to guess no, there is no way. So I just ended up loading a straight copy of 8.1. No worry, just means I don't have to deal with any Acer bloat like Acer Explorer.
  • What were the failures that occurred?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Greywolf1967
     The failures were after running set up from disk drive Windows would fail to load due to missing or corrupt files. As I stated in the first post, the DVD R/W USB Drive is the issue, as sometimes it will load all the files. When I run set up from a USB Thumb Drive, no issue.

The reason why I wanted to know if I could boot Acer Set Up ( that is on a set of 2 DVD Disks), from a Thumb drive.
  • Greywolf1967
     Ok so no one else gets mixed up..........I do not need help fixing my Acer Tablet...it is running a stock version of Windows 8.1 ( fresh install).
     My Portable DVD Drive will be dead soon ( it's old and has issues, some times it fails to read a DVD). So I need a way to take what is on the recovery DVD's, put it on an 8 GB Thumb Drive and have the drive boot to the Acer Set up like the DVD's do.
  • OK! Understand. You may not need to add the files that are on both DVD media to any USB stick. Are you still able to access windows and still have the operating system provided by Acer? If so, what happens when you download this version of the acer care center and perform this video procedure?
    Is it possible to create a backup of the operating system image, according to the video, on the model w3-810? 
    In addition, the bios must have the d2recovery function. But I'm not sure if the w3-810 model has d2drecovery in the bios.
    If the tip above doesn't work, I would try to convert the pendrive to gpt like this:

Then, I would copy the files from DVD 1 to the first USB stick and the files from DVD 2 to the second USB stick.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Greywolf1967
    egydiocoelho again........none of this answers the original question. Thank you for your input.
  • Did you check my second tip? I also already purchased Acer erecovery in DVD format. What I did was transform the files that were on the DVD into .ISO format and then I extracted the files to the USB stick and erecovery was installed correctly. Maybe this is what you are looking for.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer