Palmrest replacement

jcg7
jcg7 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just spilled coffee on my machine, I already took it apart and cleaned everything, now everything is working but just the keyboard's back-lit is damaged, I want to replace it for a new one, and for what I saw when it was disassembled I need to replace the whole palm rest  and keyboard, but I cant find anyone that sells this part, my part number is SV5P_A72BWL, any ideas where can I buy this part?

Answers

• Sterces
    Sterces Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    jcg7 said:
    I just spilled coffee on my machine, I already took it apart and cleaned everything, now everything is working but just the keyboard's back-lit is damaged, I want to replace it for a new one, and for what I saw when it was disassembled I need to replace the whole palm rest  and keyboard, but I cant find anyone that sells this part, my part number is SV5P_A72BWL, any ideas where can I buy this part?
    I can see what I've got in stock. But you should be able to order the part directly still. Have you tried Ebay?
  • jcg7
    jcg7 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2020
    I've checked but with no luck. Also at aliexpress and those kind of sites but can't find it. This is the label in the keyboard ribbon:

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • Sterces
    Sterces Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    jcg7 said:
    I've checked but with no luck. Also at aliexpress and those kind of sites but can't find it. This is the label in the keyboard ribbon:

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
    Laptop model and sn?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    You could try the USA Authorized parts dealer and see if they'll ship, Capitol data is the one you want
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5969#_ga=2.96961820.282444590.1570818291-218381942.1567545004

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★