keyboard typing wrong characters driving me insane.

TavinNitro5
TavinNitro5 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
when I type left arrow it shows hashtag when I type bar with numluck shows 0 and when I press esc shows caps lock what's happening, please need a support

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like E5-xxxx, in the meantime go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, select Properties and go to  Driver tab, uninstall driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• TavinNitro5

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    it's a acer nitro AN515-52 , here is a picture of the events I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the errors, also just did what you said and the situation still the same. esc shows caps lock and left arrow shows hashtag. 
  • TavinNitro5

Tinkerer

is that going to delete any of my files ?
  • No my friend!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • I also suggest that you check to see if the problem occurs on secure startup and also inform the version of the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TavinNitro5

Tinkerer

how do I install it now ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    Clique em setupserialio.exe

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TavinNitro5

Tinkerer

okay I will try it now but just in case it does not work what are the steps to check that in the start up and how to check the bios version , Appreciate all the help so far.  
  • TavinNitro5

Tinkerer

By the way are you brazilian, i'm brazilian too, is there any other way to contact you, really want to solve this problem asap
  • The ideal is to talk here. Have you tried mate's suggestion brummyfan2? Also try changing the functio key behavior in the bios. You can check the bios version on the main tab.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TavinNitro5

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    yes i have tried all the suggestions already and here's is the bios version I'm in right now
  • TavinNitro5

Tinkerer

do you think this has anything to do with it
  • Have you tried to execute our tips?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TavinNitro5

Tinkerer

how do I change the function key behaviour?
  • Enter the bios by pressing f2 before the Acer logo.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TavinNitro5

Tinkerer

then what else do I do?
  • Go to the main tab and change the function key behavior function.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TavinNitro5

Tinkerer

didnt work either, I'll try and take to the warranty but idk if it will cover as the product support that I was paying finished last month
  • Try resetting the battery:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer