My headset microphone doesn't register and the build in microphone keeps getting used.

Gozd
Gozd Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Okay so this is starting to work on my nerves for a while now since I have tried many things.

First of all, I use this laptop: Acer Aspire A515-51G. (Serial number = NXGT0EH005XXXXXX)
I have connected my laptop to a monitor, which is a LG 24HL600F.
I have my headset, which is a 1st generation Razer Kraken, connected to my monitor and NOT the laptop.

So I don't have much knowledge of computers and such but I think that I should not be able to use a microphone when I connect my headset to my monitor. BUT, if I connect my headset to my laptop, I still can't use this microphone (yes I know that 1st gen Razer Kraken microphones have a bad reputation but I have made sure that the microphone that is being used is the build in laptop one).
When I go to Sound control panel --> recording. Only 1 microphone appears which is called ''Microphone Array Realtek High Defenition Audio (SST)''. And yes, when I right click this panel and select ''show disabled devices'' still no other microphone appears. (There is also this ''Stereo Mix thing but that doesn't work at all. idk what that is supposed to be)

What is also weird, is that I can't find my Razer Kraken headset anywhere under: Device Manager --> Audio inputs and outputs. Here only my monitor name appears (because I connected my headset to monitor so the computer ''thinks'' that I play my sound trough my monitor because my headset is plugged into my monitor) and this same Microphone Array, but no sign of my Kraken Headset

Still in Device Manager, when I go to: Sound, video and game controllers. I see three tabs: Intel(R) Display Audio*; NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible)**; Realtek High Defenition Audio(SST)***
*This is my LG Monitor
**I have no idea what purpose this serves, never seen it anywhere but it appears to be some sound thing of my MX150 GPU
***These are the built in speakers of my laptop. When I connect my headset to my laptop and select ''Speakers'' trough Sound control panel --> Playback, I hear all the sounds trough my headset since it's connected to my laptop.

Also, my Razer Deathadder Elite and Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 are registered under the ''Mice and other pointing devices'' tab in Device Manager, so it's not like that my laptop has a malfunction that it doesn't register any device.

Also also, when I connect default Apple earphones (provided by for example the purchase of iPhones before the headphone jack got removed), still no microphone appears, neither does this little microphone work but still this ***** build in microphone.

Last note: the way how I checked that the build in microphone was ACTUALLY being used was using Teamspeak 3 and then ''Test'' under the Capture Devices tab and then talk. My voice sounds really unhearable but when I tab my laptop, I hear it very loud so there is no way of accidentally using my headset microphone because otherwise these tabs on my laptop wouldn't be that loud.

This is already annoying but it is especially annoying because as I said, what is in front of my is my monitor and not my laptop. My laptop is on the left side of my monitor so this built in microphone is like 60cm away from my mouth. 

I have searched for various tutorials on YouTube and other forums but I have never found an example of this particular case, usually it's a matter of why a microphone doesn't work, instead of why my microphone doesn't appear in first place.

As I said I have limited knowledge of computers but it's not like that I have no knowledge at all so chances are that I am just being really stupid.

I really hope that someone can help me out!

Kind regards.

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• I suggest you check this function:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • the black icon will only be enabled when you connect the headset.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Probably. However, if you want to connect the microphone to the monitor, make sure the hdmi port is active in the sound properties.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer