Predator Orion 3000-600 Where is the 2nd M.2 slot?

MPVG
MPVG Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2020 in Predator Desktops
Hi, I bought Predator a Predator Orion 3000-600 with a PO3 B360 motherboard. As it came with a 512GB SSD I soon discovered I needed to upgrade my storage. It's supposed to have 2 M.2 SSD slots so I bought a 1TB ssd M.2. But I really can't find where to put the new ssd (feel quite  ;) ). Is there a layout of the motherboard somewhere?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,076 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You have one near the graphics card and the other next to SATA connections.

• MPVG
    Hi, thanks. The current ssd is placed in M2_2 but M2_1 seems already occupied by something. See attached pic. 
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    My apologies, it was my mistake, M2_1 is for WiFi card, you have only one slot for M.2 SSD in this model.
  • MPVG
    Hi, ok. That is not optimal. However I dont need the wifi as I use cable. So I could just disconnect the wifi card and use it for my 2nd ssd? 
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, you can not do that because BIOS will not be able to identify the SSD and also the WiFi cards have different keys, so I doubt it would physically fit in the slot.
  • You can try using this pcie adapter:
    Resultado de imagem para adaptador pcie nvme
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MPVG
    Ok, but where to put that? The graphic card blocks all ports. See pic
  • But I can't guarantee that the motherboard will recognize this caddy.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Best is to just send the M.2 drive back and get a 2.5" SSD to drop in as if it were a HDD or upgrade the 512GB SSD to something like a 2TB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Eatingmabeans77
    Eatingmabeans77 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi,
    My apologies, it was my mistake, M2_1 is for WiFi card, you have only one slot for M.2 SSD in this model.
    How are there 2 SSDs installed on my PC then? 
  • billsey
    If you have a PO3-600 with two SSDs, one of them is a 2.5" SATA drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Eatingmabeans77

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Isn't that the HDD though?
  • billsey
    There are three SATA connectors on the motherboard, one is typically used for the ODD, so you could have a HDD on one and a SSD on another. There is only the one M.2 SSD socket on the motherboard, #8 here:

• Eatingmabeans77

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    I don't have a 2.5'' sata ssd though. 
  • billsey
    Then you must not have a second SSD, or you don't have the PO3-600 model. Can you open Disk Management and give us a picture of what it shows?
  • Eatingmabeans77

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Then you must not have a second SSD, or you don't have the PO3-600 model. Can you open Disk Management and give us a picture of what it shows?
    It says I have 2 SSDs
  • billsey
    No, it says you have two partitions that are on a SSD. You cropped too much of the Disk Management window out... We want to see the physical drives and what is configured for their partitions:

• Eatingmabeans77

Tinkerer

Turns out I do only have one SSD. I thought the two partitions where individual drives. Why are they separated though? 
  • billsey
    No, idea. Years ago that was the normal thing to do, since you wouldn't have to defrag the data partition as often as you did the system partition. Was the SSD an addon, or did it come standard in your SKU?