How do I fix the windows start button?

KaliberCrunch
KaliberCrunch Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
my Windows start menu button was working (to launch the start menu on the screen) but this morning it stopped working after I shut it down from the sleep mode. I have tried everything that is in this video on YouTube. But nothing from that video is working. How do I fix this?

https://youtu.be/RdE9gCDmBX8

Answers

• Last night my Windows start menu button was working (to launch the start menu on the screen) but this morning it stopped working after I shut it down from the sleep mode. I have tried everything that is in this video on YouTube. But nothing from that video is working. How do I fix this?

https://youtu.be/RdE9gCDmBX8

Perform a sfc scan on the computer to check if there are any corruptions on the computer. Please follow the below link to perform a sfc scan on the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    @GAMING6698 he said above that nothing in the video worked which includes an sfc scan

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• KaliberCrunch

Tinkerer

@andylb You would correct. 
  • andylb
    Try pressing Control + Alt + Del and select "Sign out" then log back in. let me know

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• KaliberCrunch

Tinkerer

That did not work either. @andylb
  • andylb
    Does the Windows key on your Keyboard launch the start menu? or are both the screen button and the keyboard button not working?

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• KaliberCrunch

Tinkerer

A few seconds ago my laptop just made very quick buzz sound. I am don't know what that sound is supposed to mean but I gave windows key another try to see if it would launch the windows start menu and it worked. So something on this computer is either making it short out that one window key or something. What would be the cause of this strange thing?
  • andylb
    edited January 2020
    A few seconds ago my laptop just made very quick buzz sound. I am don't know what that sound is supposed to mean but I gave windows key another try to see if it would launch the windows start menu and it worked. So something on this computer is either making it short out that one window key or something. What would be the cause of this strange thing?

Frankly I have know idea but it is unlikely to be something shorting out. Sometimes Windows will throw a tantrum and then decide to behave. As for the sound, the system can do that on occasion and it is transmitted over the speakers. My advice is to put it down to experience and carry on but monitor the situation for anything else unusual

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• KaliberCrunch

Tinkerer

Will do @andylb
  • KaliberCrunch

Tinkerer

I think there was a software delay from an application that I installed yesterday but then windows installed software that made the software that I installed obsolete. 
  • andylb
    I think there was a software delay from an application that I installed yesterday but then windows installed software that made the software that I installed obsolete. 
    Yep windows is weird and I've had it snap crackle and pop myself but all seems good now

Please click YES if I have helped solve your problem 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★