noisy voice in side of CPU aspire 5742G

alireza9817
alireza9817 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi I have a aspire 5742G and for about 1 month,there is a very bad noisy voice in side of cpu.I have cleaned the fan already and I can not understand where the real problem is.sometimes the voice is loud but sometimes it is very low.There was not any chaneges in laptop performance and it is working normally without any problem but this voice is very irritating.
Here I attached a video link on Youtube for that.
https://youtu.be/ULeKqSPTi8s
thanks.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>I think it is from either CPU or SSD>>>Is this noise harmful in long term ?>>>

It should not be harmful. Just annoying.  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Sounds like coil whine or buzz due to high frequency wire choke coils on the mainboard that vibrate when the CPU/GPU is under heavy load. Try to ignore it. Does no harm. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alireza9817
    JackE said:
    Sounds like coil whine or buzz due to high frequency wire choke coils on the mainboard that vibrate when the CPU/GPU is under heavy load. Try to ignore it. Does no harm. Jack E/NJ

Thanks.but the noise is very irritating.are u sure that it does no harm? because I have bought this laptop with so many difficulties. 

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    JackE said:

Thanks.but the noise is very irritating.are u sure that it does no harm? because I have bought this laptop with so many difficulties. 

@JackE is probably right but if it irritates you that much then send it in under warranty and see if they can fix it

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JackE
    andylb This Win7 era machine is likely no longer under warranty.

(1) Did you try to change the Windows version? I cannot hear any "voice" in your video.
    (2) What do you mean by "voice"? Do you hear spoken words? I cannot hear any "voice" in your video.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    @JackE I know I was offering a crumb of empathy lol  :open_mouth: You never know how long people buy extended warranties for

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• alireza9817
    edited January 2020
    JackE said:
    andylb This Win7 era machine is likely no longer under warranty.

(1) Did you try to change the Windows version? I cannot hear any "voice" in your video.
    (2) What do you mean by "voice"? Do you hear spoken words? I cannot hear any "voice" in your video.

Jack E/NJ

My meaning to say ''voice'' was what you hear in video as noise,nothing else.
    I have changed just the version of windows 10 from pro to enterprise and I did not install windows 7 already.
    I am sorry because my English is not very good.
  • JackE
    It's possible that the noise is from the hard disk drive HDD. You could open TaskManager to see if noise is loudest when HDD usage is highest. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alireza9817
    edited January 2020
    JackE
    JackE said:
    It's possible that the noise is from the hard disk drive HDD. You could open TaskManager to see if noise is loudest when HDD usage is highest. Jack E/NJ

I forgot to say that HDD was changed with a Samsung SSD EVO860
  • JackE
    Then the coil whine still seems like the cause for the noise. You can still use TaskManager to see if the noise is loudest when CPU or  SSD or some other usage is high. SSDs also have coils inside. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• alireza9817
    JackE
    I forgot to say that HDD was changed with a Samsung SSD.
  • alireza9817
    JackE
    I forgot to say that HDD was changed with a Samsung SSD.
  • alireza9817
    JackE said:
    Then the coil whine still seems like the cause for the noise. You can still use TaskManager to see if the noise is loudest when CPU or  SSD or some other usage is high. SSDs also have coils inside. Jack E/NJ  
    I think it is from either CPU or SSD.Because I test it.the performance of laptop was not changed at all since this noise is created.It is working good.
    Is this noise harmful in long term ?
    thanks for helping man.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>I think it is from either CPU or SSD>>>Is this noise harmful in long term ?>>>

It should not be harmful. Just annoying.  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ