Backlight Settings Nitro 5

jd77
jd77 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I own a Nitro 5 gaming laptop. Until recently the keyboard backlight would stay on when plugged in or turn off after a delay in typing when unplugged. After updating my BIOS, the backlight now turns off even when the laptop is plugged in.

While I understand this is a power saving feature, turning the backlight off while plugged in does not save battery life. Is it possible to reverse this change?

Best Answer

• Clemson84
    Clemson84 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    you can disable backlight turns off in bios and you must check disable in nitrosense too.

Answers

• Clemson84
    Clemson84 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    you can disable backlight turns off in bios and you must check disable in nitrosense too.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Clemson84 said:

@Clemson84 is right and after the update you may have to go back into the BIOS and disable it again.
    @Clemson84 Not all versions of Nitrosense come with a backlight disable switch, it depends on the model

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• jd77
    jd77 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Going into the BIOS and disabling the light timeout seemed to fix it. Thank you.
  • amren
    amren Member Posts: 4 New User
    Sadly going into BIOS (version 1.23) on my new Nitro 5 AH515-54-52x6 did not solve this...I want to desable the 30 sec timeout....
    ..I have carefull checked that I saved my changings when I exit BIOS..but still..
  • amren
    amren Member Posts: 4 New User
    ..Oh, I solved it my self!!!!...In "Nitro Sense" there is a setting where you select on/off for the backlight 30 sec or not...