Aspire A515-43-R19L wont accept Samsung m.2?

McDeath
McDeath Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello all i purchased a new Acer Aspire A515-43-R19L from amazon a few days ago. I'm simply trying to upgrade the current 128GB m.2 to a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO m.2. The laptop simply will not see the Samsung M.2.. I have no clue why. Would anyone know if this particular EVO 850 is not compatible with this laptop? Thank you and appreciate any advise. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    Hi,
    You need a spare HDD, small USB flash disk and a SATA to USB cable, boot with the original 128GB SSD, download and install Macrium Reflect free.
    1.Connect the spare HDD with the USB to SATA cable, run Macrium reflect, backup the contents of 128GB SSD on the HDD.
    2.Create a bootable recovery USB disk using the same program.
    3.Switch off the laptop, remove 128GB SSD and install the new 500GB SSD.
    4.Insert the USB recovery disk(you have created earlier), go to BIOS screen, move to Boot tab and change the order to make the USB disk as your first boot device, then press F10 to Save and exit.
    5.Connect external HDD with SATA to USB cable, recover the image to the new 500GB SSD.
    https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-reflect-is-a-free-and-easy-to-use-backup-utility/

• HKGer
    HKGer Member Posts: 1 New User
    McDeath said:
    Hello all i purchased a new Acer Aspire A515-43-R19L from amazon a few days ago. I'm simply trying to upgrade the current 128GB m.2 to a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO m.2. The laptop simply will not see the Samsung M.2.. I have no clue why. Would anyone know if this particular EVO 850 is not compatible with this laptop? Thank you and appreciate any advise. 
    might i know who fast is running r/w after replacement.  i thinking too.
  • McDeath
    McDeath Member Posts: 2 New User
    HKGer said:
    McDeath said:
    might i know who fast is running r/w after replacement.  i thinking too.
    The laptop was NOT compatible with the 500Gb Samsung 850 EVO. I used a Kingston 500GB A2000 M.2 2280 Nvme to upgrade. No noticeable speed difference.