Latest Predator Sense working on old H300 models

Answers

• No, it's not for windows upgrade! I just asked the release version, as older versions may not be compatible with the new version of Predator Sense.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • deadlyghost
    deadlyghost Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited November 2019
    @egydiocoelho @xapim Even with a fresh windows installation (release 1909) I have event logger showing various warnings for perflib and errors for perfNet.
    I even tried giving permissions to those DLLs mentioned in the errors but that didn't help either.
    I'm 100% sure this is an issue with perflib/perfNet but can't seem to solve this.

EDIT: I rebooted my laptop and PredatorSense popped up an error 'This device is not supported'
  • deadlyghost
    No, it's not for windows upgrade! I just asked the release version, as older versions may not be compatible with the new version of Predator Sense.
    Yeah no, I got that. I was just clean installing Windows cos I was going to anyway irrespective of this issue. 
  • OK! Have you tried updating the drivers to check if the problem remains?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • deadlyghost
    OK! Have you tried updating the drivers to check if the problem remains?
    Yes, I tried updating every driver through windows update and manually as well.
    I'm down to 1 warnings and 1 error at the moment. Gave permissions to a few services in registry and few errors are gone. So I'm to figure out the remaining issues.

Warning: Unable to open the job object \BaseNamedObjects\WmiProviderSubSystemHostJob for query access. The calling process may not have permission to open this job. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

Error: Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

• When you open acer care center, on the "my system" tab, does Predator G9-593 or only G9-593 appear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• deadlyghost
    When you open acer care center, on the "my system" tab, does Predator G9-593 or only G9-593 appear?
    It says Predator G9-593
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited November 2019
    So, after clean installing, did you install .NetFrameworks 3.5 as well? Also, maybe the fact that your's is not a Helios product is affecting it.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Also, is the predator service running?

Have you also tried to install the appxbundle app that is in the plugs folder?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• deadlyghost
    edited November 2019
    XdxD said:
    So, after clean installing, did you install .NetFrameworks 3.5 as well? Also, maybe the fact that your's is not a Helios product is affecting it.
    Yes I did install .NetFramework 3.5 as well
    I doubt that it's not launching because mine is not a Helios product cos I have changed the ini as well and that should pass the device check completely
    EDIT: Yes, I've tried installing it without any changes to the ini as well, no luck

Also, is the predator service running?

Yes to both, the Predator service is running and i've installed the appxbundle app as well.
    What I found is that PredatorSense.exe was not in /Program Files/Acer/PredatorSense Service but was in /WindowsApps/Acer_longname_/Win32
    I copied the files from the latter directory to the first and still PredatorSense doesn't open up.
    There are three programs in details(taskmgr) that are open, PSAdminAgent.exe || PSAgent.exe || PSSvc.exe
  • What happens when you open and close the program three times by clicking X? Does the program open the fourth time?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• deadlyghost
    What happens when you open and close the program three times by clicking X? Does the program open the fourth time?
    Nope it doesn't. The same animation goes three times and it goes away
  • XdxD
    I believe the new version is meant only for Helios models.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Could also be a net framework incompatibility 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    XdxD said:
    Yes I did install .NetFramework 3.5 as well
    I doubt that it's not launching because mine is not a Helios product cos I have changed the ini as well and that should pass the device check completely
    EDIT: Yes, I've tried installing it without any changes to the ini as well, no luck

Also, is the predator service running?

Yes to both, the Predator service is running and i've installed the appxbundle app as well.
    What I found is that PredatorSense.exe was not in /Program Files/Acer/PredatorSense Service but was in /WindowsApps/Acer_longname_/Win32
    I copied the files from the latter directory to the first and still PredatorSense doesn't open up.
    There are three programs in details(taskmgr) that are open, PSAdminAgent.exe || PSAgent.exe || PSSvc.exe
    You don't need to copy anything ps it's a Windows app now not a normal software it will only run from the apps folder and will require net framework 4.7/8 or latest to run uninstall everything again with your unnistaller i think u made a hell of a mess there and reinstall don't touch any ini files neither move anything anywhere

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• deadlyghost
    xapim said:
    You don't need to copy anything ps it's a Windows app now not a normal software it will only run from the apps folder and will require net framework 4.7/8 or latest to run uninstall everything again with your unnistaller i think u made a hell of a mess there and reinstall don't touch any ini files neither move anything anywhere

Um my answers before might sound messy but I've tried everything you guys suggested. At first, I didn't copy anything, didn't make any changes to ini files, had latest framework and had the PS windows app, it still wouldn't run.
    I really really have tried everything in every possible manner. It just wouldn't work on my laptop idk why. 
  • XdxD
    It works only for Helios models then I guess.
  • deadlyghost
    XdxD said:
    It works only for Helios models then I guess.
    Yeah maybe idk. I give up lol
  • I sent a modified predator sense file with the latest version to your email @deadlyghost

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• deadlyghost
    edited November 2019
    I sent a modified predator sense file with the latest version to your email @deadlyghost
    Hey sorry for the late reply. Thank you, I'll check it out asap in a few hours.

EDIT: I didn't get your email, could you send it again. I checked the spam as well, not there.