Acer Swift 3 SF314-57 i5 10th gen with ONLY 8GB Ram - Is it possible to change the memory to 16 GB?

Options
RazvanB
RazvanB Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
This model Acer Swift 3  SF314-57 i5 10th gen is very attractive in its range of price. The only issue I have is that it does not have a model option with 16 GB. So I was thinking on taking it and then changing the RAM memory to 16 GB. But I am afraid from what I've read for previous Swift 3 models that it might not be possible to change the factory RAM.

Can someone confirm if it is possible or not?

Many thanks,

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @RazvanB
    IS the model number is SF314-57 ??
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • RazvanB

Tinkerer

Options
    Jack22 said:
    @RazvanB
    IS the model number is SF314-57 ??
    Yes, I already mentioned that. The product code is different in every country so I tried not to specify it here. But for reference, in my country this is the model I am asking about: https://www.acer.com/ac/ro/RO/content/model/NX.HHXEX.008
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @RazvanB
    Am not able to get the specs for the model which you got. But if there is a soldered ram on the motherboard you cannot replace it. But if you a slot where you can swap the Ram than yes you can upgrade.

• RazvanB

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    Options
    This is why I asked here, I need to know if it is soldered or not. I could not find it in specs either
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    Options
    RazvanB said:
    This is way I asked here, I need to know if it is soldered or not. I could not find it in specs either
    Hi,
    This model comes with on-board memory only, they are LPDDR4 modules, so no slots available for upgrade.