Install m2 SSD on Aspire 5 A515-51G

Answers

• MMSingh
    MMSingh Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I understand your concern, though i was in the same situation.
    Thanks to this forum, i received a clear explanation what i can install in the laptop, so you can be pretty sure about it!
    Acer support isn't very helping, i had various requests and they were answering differently to the same question, so  =)
    I have ordered "GIGABYTE 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD GP-GSM2NE3100TNTD"
    i.e. 
    GIGABYTE 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

I will post details after installing that (SSD will be delivered in 

• 4umahin
    4umahin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Did your 1tb nvme worked flawlessly on acer A515-51G. Actually I am also skeptical regarding installation of samsung nvme 970 evo plus 1 tb ssd. Your reply will be very helpful for me. Thanks 
  • MMSingh

Tinkerer

4umahin said:
    Did your 1tb nvme worked flawlessly on acer A515-51G. Actually I am also skeptical regarding installation of samsung nvme 970 evo plus 1 tb ssd. Your reply will be very helpful for me. Thanks 

Yet to receive the SSD, I will share the outcome after installing that, will take 3-5 days more (as  seller have to receive the stock)
  • MMSingh

Tinkerer

4umahin said:
    It's working fine, it's initial hours of usages only, so far so issue, able to migrate the OS to SSD. adding some pics just to make the info more clear.

• Arduino
    Arduino Member Posts: 2 New User
    MMSingh said:
    It's working fine, it's initial hours of usages only, so far so issue, able to migrate the OS to SSD. adding some pics just to make the info more clear.
    Hi @MMSingh
    is it possible to see a disk test?
    Thanks!

• Ap6yZzz
    Ap6yZzz Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello. I have such a question - I bought an SSD m2 disk on an acer aspire A515-51g laptop, but there were no mounting bolts to the drive or the motherboard, tell me where can I get this screw?
  • @Ap6yZzz The correct screw is this:
    Screw Name Screw Type Torque  
    M 2.0 x 2.5 1.8 ~ 2.2kgf.cm 1It is not difficult to find it. You will probably find it easily at some computer repair center.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nailka0005
    nailka0005 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited December 2019
    говорит nailka0005: https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/33018641427.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.27e72caeSWjWjm&algo_pvid=86d71edc-ef0c-42dc-b66c-f16644aedaba&algo_expid=86d71edc-ef0c-42dc-b66c-f16644aedaba-0&btsid=6213944e-c294-4fc3-b761-8c9af3b488b4&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_53
    will this drive work in my computer a515-51g-539q, initially m2 slot is empty.

If the link does not open, here is the SSD model  - Western Digital WD Blue SN500 SSD 
    Drive 500 GB M. 2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen3*2 
  • Yes my friend. It should work.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nailka0005
    nailka0005 Member Posts: 4 New User
     to egydiocoelho -  Thanks! It seems ideal, because it works in dual-channel mode.
  • Uli55es
    Uli55es Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Ssd samsung evo 970plus 250gb in aspire 5 a515-52g

• MaksT743
    MaksT743 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Установка SSD M.2 Sata3 в ноутбук Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDr-AWKKThE
  • Darksaber77
    Darksaber77 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

2017 Acer aspire a515-51-59dp laptop
    i5 7200u, 12gig ram 1tb wd hdd (15% used)

hello, I have been attempting to install a Samsung 970 Evo plus 500tb in my wife's laptop and have had no luck.
    (very little experience)

once installed the computer recognizes the drive and runs on the windows nvme drivers. I can modify partitions and use as storage. 
    BUT I cannot find a software to clone the drive, tried Many programs and they all give me the same error, "incorrect sector size" and will not mirror the drive. (512 vs 4xxx)
    Additionally I have tried to use a USB boot drive to simply install a fresh copy of windows on the ssd (after removing hdd) and it would not work. 
    Tryied to install windows using  system image backup from then hdd (via an external hard drive) would not work. 

Im all ears for some suggestion on how to move forward. 
    Sje loves the laptop, but the hdd is a serious productivity bottleneck 

Thanks!!!!
  • @Darksaber77Ideally, you create a new topic by clicking ask a question. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vlada
    Vlada Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hi,
    This is my first time asking Acer community.
    I have read all Q&A in this topic here, but I would like to ask some questions to clarify if I understood it or not. I hope someone would help me.
    Darksaber77's is 500 GB)? If that could not work, I would like to try Kingston KC2000 250GB NVMe PCIe. What do you recommend? 
    Also, I was planning to upgrade my RAM. Please provide me link where I may ask questions about that.

P.S. I tried to contact Acer support, but they did not respond to my e-mails.
            Also, English is not my native language, so hope you will be able to understand me.

• @VladaIdeally, you create a new publication by clicking here: https://community.acer.com/en/post/question/v-vn-series
    Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vlada

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho. I have done it, but they said the question will be posted after approving, so I am not sure whether it is posted or not.

• Vlada

Tinkerer

Hi,
    This is my first time asking Acer community.
    I have read all Q&A in this topic here, but I would like to ask some questions to clarify if I understood it or not. I hope someone would help me.
    Darksaber77's is 500 GB)? If that could not work, I would like to try Kingston KC2000 250GB NVMe PCIe. What do you recommend? 
    Also, I was planning to upgrade my RAM. Please provide me link where I may ask questions about that.

P.S. I tried to contact Acer support, but they did not respond to my e-mails.
           Also, English is not my native language, so I hope you will be able to understand me.

• Vlada

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho. I have done it, but they said the question will be posted after approving, so I am not sure whether it is posted or not.

This discussion has been closed.