Triton 500 lot of issues?

Options
WardenRomeo
WardenRomeo Member Posts: 97 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys, I'm experiencing a lot of issues with my Predator Laptop which is a Triton 500 : 

1. Gsync gives me Reverse Ghosting (LCD Overdrive is off, latest nvidia drivers installed)
2. The trackpad is slow, like when I move there is maybe a half second of latency and honestly Idk why...
3. The laptop is bent forward because it's not that solid as it has to be finally...
4. The battery indication is lagged, when I unplug the laptop it says instantly 94% (for example) instead of 100% before unplugging it!

You might say me to send the laptop but… I've already done that 2 times!
The first time it took like 16-17 days to have it back, Acer reinstalled the BIOS.
The second time it took like 25-30 days and they changed the heat pipes, the motherboard and they reinstalled the BIOS again with Windows 10 too.

I don't know what to do at the moment… The trackpad wasn't lagging when I sent it for the second time. Now it has a latency which makes it weird to use!
Gsync started to bug after like 4 months of use, then when I received it after the first time I sent it, Gsync was still lagging and is lagging at the moment I'm writing this for u.

It could be a 5th issue that I didn't mentionned above because it has not happened again for the moment, which was that the Screen turns off by itself while playing.

I don't think it is normal for a such premium laptop to experience so many issues, I didn't say it, should I say it? Yeah okay, I preordered this laptop to be honest and even at that moment I received it like 2 weeks later because of I don't know what kind of problems Acer were experiencing during that period. Maybe series issues of materials ?

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Did you try a clean install (I recommend 1903) using the ISO from Microsoft Site? If not, just try it once. Do make a recovery drive or clone the current Windows Partition so that you can get back to Acer's stock W10 later. For me, Acer customised Windows 10 was buggy like even if I select the touchpad gesture of pinch to zoom, it never worked in Adobe Reader, although this happened in January, 2018 in G3-572.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    XdxD said:
    Did you try a clean install (I recommend 1903) using the ISO from Microsoft Site? If not, just try it once. Do make a recovery drive or clone the current Windows Partition so that you can get back to Acer's stock W10 later. For me, Acer customised Windows 10 was buggy like even if I select the touchpad gesture of pinch to zoom, it never worked in Adobe Reader, although this happened in January, 2018 in G3-572.
    Yeah but I mean, I don't know how to do that mate, Acer have to do their best to make their customers happy...
    It is too difficult I think I'll get a refund to take the Zephyrus GX502 cuz it seems to be better for the software
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    As you wish. However still, here's the guide to do clean install if you wish to do this step. You can use Acer Care Center to create a recovery drive just in case.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options
    We are sorry you are having issues with your Predator.
    The Acer Community is a peer to peer platform, where members help other members, if you feel like your unit is not working properly after trying the troubleshoot suggested, please contact the Acer repair center in your region for support.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    Acer-Karp said:
    We are sorry you are having issues with your Predator.
    The Acer Community is a peer to peer platform, where members help other members, if you feel like your unit is not working properly after trying the troubleshoot suggested, please contact the Acer repair center in your region for support.

Hello! 
    As I said I've already given 2 times the laptop to Acer to repair it but, I mean they failed to fix the problem. I am not sure but normally the third time we can get a refund so I'll be refund and, I think I'll try to give a third chance to Acer taking the Triton 500 with 2080 max-q and I7-9750H. But in that case I just hope I won't experienced any issues...
    What do you think?
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    edited October 2019
    Options

We understand your concern. Please kindly send the SN for your unit in a private message so we can check further.

Regards,
    Acer-karp .
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.