Minecraft problem with graphic card (RX 560X).because i cant switch mc from Vega 8 to rx560x

Kamil2009
Kamil2009 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming
Hello guys, i have a problem with minecraft, because i cant switch mc from Vega 8 to rx560x. I can switch Launcher, but i cant switch minecraft, help me! :(

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
     make sure your games are in listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your Minecrafts .exe file using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your Minecrafts.exe file by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Kamil2009

Tinkerer

andylb said:
     make sure your games are in listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your Minecrafts .exe file using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your Minecrafts.exe file by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

I can't find minecraft file, i can find only launcher :(
  • Kamil2009

Tinkerer

andylb said:

I can't find minecraft file, i can find only launcher :(
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Read this
    https://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/minecraft/discussion/where-your-minecraft-exe-113414/

And this
    https://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/minecraft/discussion/where-your-minecraft-exe-113414/

This appears to be a Minecraft design problem not a Laptop problem, many other non Acer users have the same problem

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• DiamondDCIW
    DiamondDCIW Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi! I know this says solved but (in my opinion this is far from it) I am here to give my answer. Minecraft.exe is NOT an application. The launcher is an application and it is fairly easy to find. I would 1. Add the Launcher to high performance on switchable graphics as well but here is how to fix the issue. Launch minecraft normally. When you do, open the Radeon settings and go to switchable graphics. Then go to Current Applications.  It should show you a list of applications that are currently running. Even with Minecraft running, you won't see it. This is because Minecraft is disguised as a JAVA application. If you see any applications open with the word JAVA in it such as javaw.exe for example, set it to high performance. It takes a few tries for some reason and it won't stay at high performance. Just keep clicking it if it does that and keep changing it to high performance. Then close out of minecraft and relaunch it. It should say that it is now running on the 560x card and not the vega 8 graphics. There is like no possible way to add javaw.exe to the gaming tab as the computer just doesn't recognize this as a game. I would also not that turning down minecraft graphics to the lowest as possible gives best FPS increase. I would also recommended increasing RAM usage on Minecraft to 4. If you don't know how to do that there is tons of videos. If you come across a problem where you can't change RAM usage, install 64bit JAVA and it should fix that problem as well. Hope this helps if you never managed to figure it out.