Acer nitro 5 laptop shut down suddenly and is not turning on?

BlueMeteorYT
BlueMeteorYT Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2019 in Nitro Gaming
I had my nitro 5 for a year, Today while i was playing a game, it just.. died, like it just shut down all of a sudden. i tried to turn it back on, but it did not turn on. i tried to plug in the charger. it did not do anything, even the light that indicates it's charging, it did not light up. Everything was off. The keyboard, the screen etc, What is this? please help!

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    BlueMeteorYT

Hi,

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.   

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable. 

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds.  

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

If the above steps are helpful for you please click "like"

If the above steps resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• BlueMeteorYT
    BlueMeteorYT Member Posts: 2 New User
    mohan2018 said:
    BlueMeteorYT

Hi,

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.   

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds.  

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

If the above steps are helpful for you please click "like"

If the above steps resolves your issue please click "yes"

I tried all of this, nothing is working. its dead.
  • esclippa
    esclippa Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2019
    I’m having the exact same issue. Mine is just six months out of warranty and far too new to spontaneously die. I tried the pin method and it still didn’t turn back on. It’s just acting like a dead chunk of plastic. 

Any other ideas?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    You both need to get access to another charger and test to see if it charges and turns on, your local computer store may allow you to use one. If it is not the charger it is probably the battery that needs replacing or worse still the Motherboard may be fried. This type of computer damage is common when the power cord is plugged directly into the wall outlet. PC and Laptop power cords should ALWAYS be plugged into a Surge Protector and NOT directly into an outlet. Surge Protectors are inexpensive and protect your computer from surges in your household electricity supply

If I have answered your question please click YES, thankyou

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• esclippa
    esclippa Member Posts: 2 New User
    It was plugged in and fully charged at the time, and was plugged into a surge protector. 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    esclippa said:
    It was plugged in and fully charged at the time, and was plugged into a surge protector. 
    OK good to know, I was checking because it happens a lot and you didn't say that in your original post

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Swaroop123
    Swaroop123 Member Posts: 64 Troubleshooter
    Hey guys my Acer nitro 5 too which is 2 months old and it just died and not turning on at all and not even the lights help me plz
  • Dierzel
    Dierzel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey guys need help. I'm also having this kind of issue with my acer nitro 5 AN515-52-53 rt. I bought mine 6 months ago. I dont do much gaming stuffs actually. It's just for my typical online classes. The problem is that it suddenly shut down while Im using it. No huge load or anything, just browsing on the internet. It occured when I was using it having my battery percentage at 100% then suddenly it shut down. I clicked on the power button and nothing's happening. I immediately plugged the charger and it charged. I turned the laptop on and looked on the battery percentage and saw that it was 1%. It drained in an instant. Im afraid that my battery is not functioning well. Hope that somebody can help me with my situation. Thank you. 
  • Faizyvlogs
    Faizyvlogs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same thing happened to my  month old nitro 7 an715-51.  Now I've realised people were right Acer has the worst quality products
  • illegaluser
    illegaluser Member Posts: 5 New User
    My Acer laptop shut down when is was playing I tried everything in this chat but it won’t turn on but the lights that indicates it’s charged and is turned on is responding but it’s still now a blank piece of ***** plastic

• illegaluser
    Pls someone find a solution for this thing

• illegaluser
    And I can’t find that unlock switch thingy that guys faking

• illegaluser
    Someone needs to do something about this 
  • illegaluser
    Helpppppppp
  • Phoenix516
    Phoenix516 Member Posts: 1 New User

So i just got the same issue. The laptop is only 2 weeks old. The original one i received arrived DOA with this symptom. Called support and have been asked to send it it. Found a YouTube video of a guy removing a dead capacitor on the board to fix it. I do believe these were built bad from the factory.

Im torn between returning it and getting something else or hoping Acer knowing these were made bad and the new one arriving with a permanent solution. If they just slap on the same board this will happen again.