Hi. Does anyone else have blurry/unclear text issue on their Predator PH315-51 or other laptops?

TejasB
TejasB Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm facing blurry or unclear text problems even though my drivers are up-to-date. It's happening when my text sizes are set at 125% (recommended settings). Please help.

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    Answer ✓
    TejasB,

Hi

Kindly follow the steps below..

Method 1: Turn on Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry

You can try these easy steps to let Windows troubleshoot the Windows 10 blurry text problem for you first:

1. Right-click on your desktop, then select Display settings.

2. Click Advanced scaling settings.

3. Turn on Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry.

4. Close the app(s) that you initially had issues with, and then open it again to see if Windows has fixed the problem. If not, move on to Method 2.

Method 2: Check for the overall Windows DPI setting

Blurry text in Windows 10 may be a scaling issue. You can take the steps below to check for the overall Windows DPI setting:

2. Under Scale and layout, make sure that it is on 100 percent and not some higher number.

3. Please change it to 125%.  Reopen the app that appears blurry to check the result.
    4. If you have two screens, try logging out and logging in, then both screens should have crisp text.
    To understand the issue in detail, please read the info below.

Windows 10 displays some blurry fonts on high-resolution devices. Here’s a look at the problem and how to fix it.

Step 1

Open display settings and enter the current scaling factor, but manually. In my case, the current one is 125%, so I entered 125 as custom scaling. After signing out and in again the blurriness was removed from all apps without their size reducing (as in the compatibility fix).

Step 2

If the above comments are not helpful please try these steps below

Manually fix fuzzy windows 10 fonts

This solution requires a bit of manual work, and you will have to repeat it individually for all those applications in which you see blurred text.

1. Right click on the application in which you are facing issues.

2. Select “Properties” from the popup menu.

3. Click on “Compatibility” tab.

4. Select “Override high DPI scaling behavior.

5. Select “System” from the options provided in “Scaling performed by” section.

6. Click on “Apply” button and then on “OK.”

Now just restart your system, and everything should be fine for that application  If you face the same problem with other application then simply repeat the steps.

Step 3

Windows 10 Blurry Fonts

The problem is if you have a screen resolution of 1920×1080 or higher, most of the time the DPI scaling is set to at least 125% to make everything easier to read.

Densely packing pixels into a small screen makes photos and apps look stunning. However, it also makes desktop programs, that aren’t designed to run at high resolutions, small and difficult to see.

And because Windows 10 is using a different scaling method for DPI, it causes the fuzzy text problem.

Fix Blurry Windows 10 Fonts

There is a workaround that you can use to use. Right-click on the shortcut of the app you’re having an issue with and then Properties.

Then select the Compatibility tab and enable Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. A restart will be required to finish the process.

If the above comments are helpful please click "like"
    If the above comments resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    Answer ✓
    TejasB,

Hi

Kindly follow the steps below..

Method 1: Turn on Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry

You can try these easy steps to let Windows troubleshoot the Windows 10 blurry text problem for you first:

2. Click Advanced scaling settings.

3. Turn on Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry.

4. Close the app(s) that you initially had issues with, and then open it again to see if Windows has fixed the problem. If not, move on to Method 2.

Method 2: Check for the overall Windows DPI setting

Blurry text in Windows 10 may be a scaling issue. You can take the steps below to check for the overall Windows DPI setting:

2. Under Scale and layout, make sure that it is on 100 percent and not some higher number.

3. Please change it to 125%.  Reopen the app that appears blurry to check the result.
    4. If you have two screens, try logging out and logging in, then both screens should have crisp text.
    To understand the issue in detail, please read the info below.

Windows 10 displays some blurry fonts on high-resolution devices. Here’s a look at the problem and how to fix it.

Step 1

Open display settings and enter the current scaling factor, but manually. In my case, the current one is 125%, so I entered 125 as custom scaling. After signing out and in again the blurriness was removed from all apps without their size reducing (as in the compatibility fix).

Step 2

Manually fix fuzzy windows 10 fonts

This solution requires a bit of manual work, and you will have to repeat it individually for all those applications in which you see blurred text.

1. Right click on the application in which you are facing issues.

2. Select “Properties” from the popup menu.

3. Click on “Compatibility” tab.

4. Select “Override high DPI scaling behavior.

5. Select “System” from the options provided in “Scaling performed by” section.

6. Click on “Apply” button and then on “OK.”

Now just restart your system, and everything should be fine for that application  If you face the same problem with other application then simply repeat the steps.

Step 3

Windows 10 Blurry Fonts

The problem is if you have a screen resolution of 1920×1080 or higher, most of the time the DPI scaling is set to at least 125% to make everything easier to read.

Densely packing pixels into a small screen makes photos and apps look stunning. However, it also makes desktop programs, that aren’t designed to run at high resolutions, small and difficult to see.

And because Windows 10 is using a different scaling method for DPI, it causes the fuzzy text problem.

Fix Blurry Windows 10 Fonts

There is a workaround that you can use to use. Right-click on the shortcut of the app you’re having an issue with and then Properties.

Then select the Compatibility tab and enable Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. A restart will be required to finish the process.

If the above comments are helpful please click "like"
    If the above comments resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★