Excess heating after clean install of windows Helios 300 2019

Manikantsahu
Manikantsahu Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So i got my laptop a few days ago. It's Helios 300 2019 i7 9th Gen with 1660 to and i decided to clean install win 10 from official ISO file because the laptop was using 55-60% ram on ideal mode and everything went down and i installed every latest driver and even updated my bios but after that when i played games like shadow of war and far cry 5 at ultra the cpu temp rose to 92 and the GPU was around 85 which previously was 85 for cpu and 80 for GPU. So have i not configured something or the undervolting on my cpu is gone..

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @Manikantsahu,

Relax . check the blog below, also check the 1st and 2nd page in it. Try using cooling pad. good luck. 
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/545316/acer-nitro-5-overheating/p2
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    So i got my laptop a few days ago. It's Helios 300 2019 i7 9th Gen with 1660 to and i decided to clean install win 10 from official ISO file because the laptop was using 55-60% ram on ideal mode and everything went down and i installed every latest driver and even updated my bios but after that when i played games like shadow of war and far cry 5 at ultra the cpu temp rose to 92 and the GPU was around 85 which previously was 85 for cpu and 80 for GPU. So have i not configured something or the undervolting on my cpu is gone..
    If you installed 1903 (or even 1809 for that matter), it tends to push your CPU to high performance mode. Try changing your power plan to help with this.

I have attached my power plan for you to use... see if this helps.

1. Press Win+X and select Command Prompt (Admin) to open the elevated Command Prompt.
    2. Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter to export the power plan
    powercfg -import PowerPlanWin10Srinivas11oct2019.pow
    3. When it’s done, you will get the message, Imported Power Scheme Successfully.
    Select the power plan.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Manikantsahu
    Thanks .. will try. And yes the windows was updated from 1803 to 1903 latest
  • Manikantsahu
    I don't know what happened but my thermals are back to normal perfectly as it was before.thanks all of you anyway..🥰🥰🥰
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    I don't know what happened but my thermals are back to normal perfectly as it was before.thanks all of you anyway..🥰🥰🥰
    Welcome my friend. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)