X35 flickering(Acer X35 monitor)

Answers

• damiensmunki
    damiensmunki Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    Amazon has the X35 back in stock. Any comment from Acer on whether they have addressed the issues in new units? @Acer-Manny ?
  • kot0005
    kot0005 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Share your problems with Asus on twitter, the thread is also tagged with multiple BIG youtubers. 

None of you seem to be posting on twitter , you guys need to do this if you want a fix for these monitors.
  • HAL_9000
    HAL_9000 Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I am also waiting for a fix of this flickering issue, so i can purchase this monitor.
    I have been watching this thread for about 3 weeks now, but the silence from Acer, Asus and NVIDIA is concerning to say the least. 
    Could the AOC's AG353UCG have the same issue ? (it uses the same AUO panel and G-Sync module like the X35 and PG35VQ)
    Is there any hope this issue will be addressed ?
  • kot0005
    edited October 2019
    Looks like this thread is dying as old users arent complainign anymore, so I am assuming people are just using the faulty monitors or dont care or sent them back. But I highly recommend posting about your problem on there because its...social media..

its the best thing to do because we will get an answer faster if the problem is popular. They dont give rats about how much we spend on it.
  • cschubert
    cschubert Member Posts: 2 New User
    Well, I've decided to not buy/order it (my prefered one was PG35VQ) and I've ordered a 34GK950F instead.
    Sure, not the same, but nothing as alternative on the horizon. Waiting for an OLED 144/200hz HDR.
    Unfortunatly my Sony 75XE9405 can't do more Refresh rate :-) .. and HDR is working flawlessly on this 4K TV with FALD
  • HAL_9000
    edited October 2019
    since there are no new users complaining, is it possible that this problem manifests only in a small batch of monitors ?
    maybe its just the first batch...
  • kot0005
    HAL_9000 said:
    since there are no new users complaining, is it possible that this problem manifests only in a small batch of monitors ?
    well lots of people arent tech savy enough or care about complaining on the forums or they could just be RMA ing.
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited October 2019
    HAL_9000 said:

That and they've stopped selling it in some places for now...it's not small though people have been sending in replacements and one person is on their 4th with the same issue, that for me speaks volumes.
  • HAL_9000
    edited October 2019
    could it be just the US market ? are this issues reported allover ? not sure how many ppl complaining are from EU...
    also, the pg35vq is widely available in the EU. the X35 also is available still...

• Bootywizard
    Bootywizard Member Posts: 4 New User
    Received my PG35VQ from Amazon US Wednesday night. Played gears and far cry 5 no issues. didn't play very long that evening maybe a 2 hour session. Last night I'm playing Far Cry 5, about an hour into, starting the mission to break out the 3 hostages quietly I notice the flicker start in the shadow of the trees while panning the screen. If I change the HDR setting from HDR10 to the next option (something rgb?) The flicker stops. The image doesn't not seem as nice in this other HDR mode. Going to try out some other games  tonight but it seems like this is affecting the games without chromatic aberation? I'm worried because I didn't notice anything until playing the game for awhile. I have not spoken with Asus yet and really see no reason too. If the issue is going to be noticable in most of my games I will just send it back and hold the money while they figure this out. I'm hoping after enough returns they will be forced to atleast say something or pull this panel off the market atleast.  seems many of you have had these monitors for months. I was unable to buy one until now as they have been constantly sold out here in the US. It's really is amazing when it's working as intended, I do hate to send this back...
  • hendrix69
    hendrix69 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

HAL_9000 said:
    could it be just the US market ? are this issues reported allover ? not sure how many ppl complaining are from EU...
    also, the pg35vq is widely available in the EU. the X35 also is available still...

Hi Hal, im from the EU and it is definitely a problem over here, i have already sent one back and the replacement I received had exactly the same fault, i contacted Asus with questions about a fix and they wont answer, they just reply with “ fill in an RMA form and we will replace it”. My second monitor is waiting to be picked up, at least they exchange it at the door. I am already past my 30 day return window so not much i can do but keep exchanging it until i get a good one. BUT I WILL keep exchanging it until i get a good one!! I will post on here when I receive it, hopefully middle of next week. 
  • kot0005
    Received my PG35VQ from Amazon US Wednesday night. Played gears and far cry 5 no issues. didn't play very long that evening maybe a 2 hour session. Last night I'm playing Far Cry 5, about an hour into, starting the mission to break out the 3 hostages quietly I notice the flicker start in the shadow of the trees while panning the screen. If I change the HDR setting from HDR10 to the next option (something rgb?) The flicker stops. The image doesn't not seem as nice in this other HDR mode. Going to try out some other games  tonight but it seems like this is affecting the games without chromatic aberation? I'm worried because I didn't notice anything until playing the game for awhile. I have not spoken with Asus yet and really see no reason too. If the issue is going to be noticable in most of my games I will just send it back and hold the money while they figure this out. I'm hoping after enough returns they will be forced to atleast say something or pull this panel off the market atleast.  seems many of you have had these monitors for months. I was unable to buy one until now as they have been constantly sold out here in the US. It's really is amazing when it's working as intended, I do hate to send this back...
    the only way to check for sure is the PC monitors wallpaper, mmay be the trees one or opening OSD without any connection to your PC...they are all listed in this thread.
  • Bootywizard
    edited October 2019
    kot0005 said:
    the only way to check for sure is the PC monitors wallpaper, mmay be the trees one or opening OSD without any connection to your PC...they are all listed in this thread.
    https://youtu.be/At24zwk1wJ0

this is a bad example of what im seeing lol. goes away in the ScRGB HDR mode. seems like edges are sharp when sitting still. once panning begins you can see the image soften and the shadows change. 
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    HAL_9000 said:

Im also from the EU. So def not region specific issue. 
  • Delta_Payne
    Delta_Payne Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I'm also from the EU and had two PG35VQ and one X35. All of them had the flickering issuesand i sent all back.
  • HAL_9000
    pffff. that sucks a lot for a 2800$ display...
    i will wait for an official fix untill AOC's AG353UCG release.
    @Acer-Manny, why dont u say something regarding this issue ? it is now clear that this is a common, widespread flaw...
  • kot0005
    kot0005 said:

this is a bad example of what im seeing lol. goes away in the ScRGB HDR mode. seems like edges are sharp when sitting still. once panning begins you can see the image soften and the shadows change. 
    I can see slight flicer in witcher 3 but not far cray, u have to go to the witcher 3 base and test it outside the fort 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNvK7dmkXig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab7XMXP4m8A
  • Bootywizard
    kot0005 said:
    kot0005 said:

I can see slight flicer in witcher 3 but not far cray, u have to go to the witcher 3 base and test it outside the fort 

https://youtu.be/vnOHAJ26ZpY

Looks like the shadows adjust oddly in some games. Ive only noticed this in the older games like far cry and Witcher slightly. 0 issue with Gears 5, tomb raider, destiny 2..
  • TweetiePie
    TweetiePie Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    kot0005 said:
    kot0005 said:

Looks like the shadows adjust oddly in some games. Ive only noticed this in the older games like far cry and Witcher slightly. 0 issue with Gears 5, tomb raider, destiny 2..
    I watched all those videos and this what you all refer to as flickering yet would that flickering be annoying to me no what I am saying here is would that warrant a return of the X35 monitor as the above poster stated Gears 5 tomb raider & destiny 2 all perform without flickering so maybe the older games are not up to standard to play on the X35. Finally can someone upload a picture so I can use to see if my monitor produces the scan lines I used the picture already in this thread and I got no scan lines. I dont think I'll be returning my monitor as I cannot find any faults I have played a host of non hdr games and nothing to report all 100%. Though I have ordered my first HDR game Modern Warfare 2019. Will be interesting to see if flickering happens in that game as if it does I'll be returning my monitor as paypal give 6 months to return any item deemed to be faulty.
  • Bootywizard
    kot0005 said:
    kot0005 said:

I watched all those videos and this what you all refer to as flickering yet would that flickering be annoying to me no what I am saying here is would that warrant a return of the X35 monitor as the above poster stated Gears 5 tomb raider & destiny 2 all perform without flickering so maybe the older games are not up to standard to play on the X35. Finally can someone upload a picture so I can use to see if my monitor produces the scan lines I used the picture already in this thread and I got no scan lines. I dont think I'll be returning my monitor as I cannot find any faults I have played a host of non hdr games and nothing to report all 100%. Though I have ordered my first HDR game Modern Warfare 2019. Will be interesting to see if flickering happens in that game as if it does I'll be returning my monitor as paypal give 6 months to return any item deemed to be faulty.
    Yeah i only notice a strange shadow adjustment in the 2 older games, this seems like a driver issue or an issue with the HDR implementation on these specific games. in far cry i can make it go away by switching off of the HDR10 mode to the other HDR mode offered in this game. Have not played Witcher enough to be bothered by it. All the new games perform excellent and i do not experience any "flicker". I played Destiny 2 yesterday for the entire day and had 0 issue. 

Hanging onto my monitor for sure!
This discussion has been closed.