Problems with BIOS and SSD on Acer Nitro AN517-51

Berinn
Berinn Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought the Acer Nitro AN517-51 laptop today and I did the usual things that I do when I buy a new computer like installing the OS and drivers.
I always install the latest bios on computers, so I did that on this one too. So, this laptop has an ssd and hdd, and at first when I booted into the windows setup
via a usb only the hdd was shown using commands like diskpart and on the setup of course. I went into the bios and switched the sata mode to ahci and everything worked fine.
And after everything went fine, I installed the latest bios I believe it's the 1.10 version, after doing that though, my pc couldn't even boot. It says something like that the disk is inaccessible.
The sata mode switch in bios became greyed out and I tried stuff like adding the supervisor and guest password to bios but that doesn't work. The weird thing is that even though all of that happened the ssd still managed to show up after I installed windows on the hard drive (but yeah that's just while being logged into the pc). I looked for advice on the internet and I can't really seem to find a solution for this. I tried some methods that people were saying should work for downgrading a bios version like unpacking the bios exe and editing something but I guess that is very outdated because it
doesn't work no matter what I try. I would appreciate any help I can get to solve this problem.

Best Answer

• Berinn
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the help, I found the solution anyway, the issue had something to do with my installation of windows and the secure boot setting in bios, I wanted to install an older version which worked at first but after the bios update it didn’t detect the ssd even if I disabled the secure boot setting in bios. That version was 1511 and now I tried disabling secure boot and I put the latest version of windows (1903) on the usb and it started working. I never experienced this problem before but yeah this worked for me.

Answers

• Have you tried pressing f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save on exit?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Berinn
    Yeah, I’ve tried that many times but it doesn’t help. The ssd works normally when the operating system is on the hard drive and I can find it in device manager for example. But when I want to clean install windows it’s like it doesn’t exist. It’s that way since I updated the bios and sata mode is locked. Literally nothing changes if I load the default settings as far as that ssd goes.
  • I have already noticed a problem similar to yours in the German community. I suggest you try resetting the internal battery like this:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Berinn
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the help, I found the solution anyway, the issue had something to do with my installation of windows and the secure boot setting in bios, I wanted to install an older version which worked at first but after the bios update it didn’t detect the ssd even if I disabled the secure boot setting in bios. That version was 1511 and now I tried disabling secure boot and I put the latest version of windows (1903) on the usb and it started working. I never experienced this problem before but yeah this worked for me.
  • You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer