Acer Aspire TC-885-EB11 motherboard

rebootdancer
rebootdancer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have been trying to figure out the motherboard on this model of Acer Aspire desktop as I cant to turn it into a 3/4 decent gaming PC. I want to know if the motherboard supports full on GTX/RTX cards as I wasn't planning on keeping it in it's case. I want to add a 1070ti I have laying around into the computer to give it some more OOMPH over the i5 I have no thats 6 years old. All I really want to know is if this motherboard supports PCI 3.0 and if so can a card drop right in. 

Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, PCIe is version 3.0, I have seen a user using 1070ti in this model, please read the Customer questions and answer section in the amazon link below.
    https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/asin/B07FQ5WNTS/9/ref=ask_ql_psf_ql_hza?sort=HELPFUL

• Sulvan1
    Sulvan1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have this computer as well, with a 1660ti graphics card put in and it runs nicely. What i want to know myself is can i upgrade the processor to an i7-8700k or an i7-9700k? I can't find the info on the physical motherboard and looking online hasnt been helpful. Both the processors are LGA1151 socket. The only difference ive found is one is 8th gen (8700k) and one is 9th gen (9700k). How can i find out if my tower will support them?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Normally the chipset is matched to the processor generation, so no 9th on an 8th motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TumidGlobe
    TumidGlobe Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

The motherboard you're looking for is: Acer Aspire TC-885 Series Intel CPU Socket DDR4 Desktop Motherboard DB.BAP11.004.

You're welcome.

• ItzBB
    ItzBB Member Posts: 3 New User
    Sulvan1 said:
    I have this computer as well, with a 1660ti graphics card put in and it runs nicely.
     My friend' is going to get a GTX 1660Ti and a new PSU, I would like to know which PSU you have. Also do you think it'll have a lot of room for air to flow or it's better to just get a new case because the case looks a bit too small. Thanks
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    For TC-885 motherboards, the x16 slot is PCIe 3.0. Other user already answered your question. What you need to think about is upgrading the power supply and prepare to give up the x1 slot next to this x16 slot.