error code in bios nvme ssd does not support hdd password aspire 5 a515-52g-75xj

halloo77
halloo77 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited September 2019 in Aspire Laptops
i have laptop acer aspire 5 a515-52g-75xj . I install nvme m.2 Samsung 970 evo 500 gb already laptop with 1tb hdd hard desk .
ihave problem with change boot windows from hdd drive to ssd drive . when I check bios it give me error massage with nvme ssd does not support hdd password and already I made clone from win 10 from hdd to ssd what can I do to fix problem 

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Remove the HDD and keep only the SSD and try booting the laptop, the error message in BIOS is normal and you don't have to worry about it.
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Yes, then keep that HDD, use another spare HDD for additional storage, if your SSD fails then you can use this HDD.
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Format the hdd. it will remove the original boot records of OS.

Then when you boot from ssd, create a system image of ssd and keep it in the hdd.
    no need to keep the os in the hdd, use it as data storage. just keep a copy of system image file on hdd.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • Deejay_tech
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    when you switch to ahci and the laptop does not boot. switch off the laptop by long press the power button. do this 3-4 times and the laptop will automatically go to recovery mode. 
    in the recovery select boot to safe mode.
    once it boots to safe mode 
    then shutdown the laptop using the start button.

now it should boot normally hence forth.

i have observed that once it boots in safe mode then windows automatically sets and uses the ahci drivers and settings.
    My personal Acer m/c's

• Deejay_tech
    Answer ✓
    once you go to recovery mode , go to troubleshoot, startup options. there you will find the safe mode boot option.
    My personal Acer m/c's

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Remove the HDD and keep only the SSD and try booting the laptop, the error message in BIOS is normal and you don't have to worry about it.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    m.2 nvme's usually don't support  passwords. Did the cloned HDD have a password? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• halloo77

Tinkerer

Hi,
    I will try ur solution thank u
    JackE said:
    m.2 nvme's usually don't support  passwords. Did the cloned HDD have a password? Jack E/NJ
    no paswword for cloned hdd

JackE said:

JackE said:

• halloo77

Tinkerer

Hi,
    every thing ok laptop now boot from ssd nvme and hdd drive stay as storage area. but until now ssd nvme give error message not support in bios.
  • brummyfan2
    edited September 2019
    halloo77 said:
    Hi,
    every thing ok laptop now boot from ssd nvme and hdd drive stay as storage area. but until now ssd nvme give error message not support in bios.
    Glad to hear everything is fine, yes BIOS doesn't support setting password for M.2 SSDs, the BIOS only allows to set password for HDDs  which normally most of us don't do.
  • Hi,
    Do you still have the OS in HDD? If so, once you are happy with the migration to SSD, you can format the HDD and use it for storage.
  • halloo77

Tinkerer

yes iam still have the os in hdd . can I keep it inside separate file  for future maybe something happen for ssd nvme at that time so easy to retain back for my hdd drive or better format data what better to do?

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Yes, then keep that HDD, use another spare HDD for additional storage, if your SSD fails then you can use this HDD.
  • halloo77

Tinkerer

hi,
    one more thing Samsung magician not support ssd nvme its good app to get more benefit from the ssd drive
  • Deejay_tech
    Answer ✓
    Format the hdd. it will remove the original boot records of OS.

Then when you boot from ssd, create a system image of ssd and keep it in the hdd.
    no need to keep the os in the hdd, use it as data storage. just keep a copy of system image file on hdd.
    My personal Acer m/c's

• halloo77 said:
    hi,
    one more thing Samsung magician not support ssd nvme its good app to get more benefit from the ssd drive
    Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab, click SATA mode and see whether you have AHCI, if there is, switch to AHCI and check whether Magician works.
  • halloo77

Tinkerer

hi,
    yes ihave AHCI in lap bios but after switch to ACHI and make restart system stuck and restart again and again my problem with boot .
    regarding ssd drive now stable and system boot direct from it and I format hdd drive and make usb backup copy Incase something wrong with win10.
    finaly i need to get full benefit from ssd drive switch to AHCI made system stuck.
  • Deejay_tech
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    when you switch to ahci and the laptop does not boot. switch off the laptop by long press the power button. do this 3-4 times and the laptop will automatically go to recovery mode. 
    in the recovery select boot to safe mode.
    once it boots to safe mode 
    then shutdown the laptop using the start button.

now it should boot normally hence forth.

i have observed that once it boots in safe mode then windows automatically sets and uses the ahci drivers and settings.
    My personal Acer m/c's

• halloo77

Tinkerer

Hi,
    good advice I will use it 
  • Deejay_tech
    Answer ✓
    once you go to recovery mode , go to troubleshoot, startup options. there you will find the safe mode boot option.
    My personal Acer m/c's

• halloo77

Tinkerer

hi, 
    thank u very much I do ur advice now everything ok os boot from ahci normaly 
  • halloo77

Tinkerer

something else what the benefit of rapid mode in Samsung magician it show not supported ?
    it useful to make it enabled or does not matter leave it like that?

• fen1x
    fen1x Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, bought a laptop Acer nitro 5 only with hdd, within a year it fell into disrepair, the computer turned on and immediately gave an error, bought a ssd Samsung 970 evo na m.2, inserted, installed the system, everything works to this day, but use the standard hdd at all impossible, even any program can not work on it. I bought another ssd on sata 3, to replace this hdd, but when physically replaced, turned on the computer, got the error no bootable device, went into the bios in the boot section is only Windows boot manager hdd (...), nothing else, can not change to ssd, as only one option available. The bios itself sees the ssd, please help.