A lot of questions!!! nitro 5 AN515-52_i5_8300h_1050ti

Alpha_d3vil
Alpha_d3vil Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hey guys can anyone give a screenshot of default values for intel xtreme tuning utility(Laptop model:Acer nitro 5 AN515-52_i5_8300h_1050ti).i kinda forgot to take a screenshot before undervolting.i mainly need the default value for "Turbo Boost Short Power Max".My value is currently "56.250W" and i know intel xtu saves a default profile and i have one too.Just wanna be sure from other users 

also having an issue with hdd.after 1-2 hrs continuous gaming suddenly game freeze and laptop reboot itself.This was before undervolting or any kinda change.Tested 3 games(Mafia 3,madmax,Witcher 3)
also sometimes windows can't identify hdd but after restart everything works just fine.Should i ask for a change(just hdd maybe,256gb ssd got no prob at all)??? 

ie:Laptop age only 2 weeks.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If you haven't tried it yet, set ControlPanel power plan to Balanced mode to see if gaming performance is still OK but without freezing/rebooting. Also press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. In the right pane, what BIOS version number is listed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    >>>1-2 hrs continuous gaming suddenly game freeze and laptop reboot itself>>>>>>>sometimes windows can't identify hdd but after restart everything works just fine.>>>:Laptop age only 2 weeks.>>>

Quickly return it to the vendor as defective for an exchange or refund before the vendor's return policy period expires. Usually less than 30 days. ACER warranty repairs will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alpha_d3vil
    ***** it i was hoping it wouldn't come to this...........................my previous hp laptop didn't have any kinda problem even after 3 years of abuse

now i m worried that this laptop might not even survive that long  :/  
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    If you haven't tried it yet, set ControlPanel power plan to Balanced mode to see if gaming performance is still OK but without freezing/rebooting. Also press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. In the right pane, what BIOS version number is listed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alpha_d3vil
    edited September 2019
    i did not use the balanced mode but what i did is set power limit for cpu 99% in battery adv settings.I tested gta 5 yesterday and found no freezing/rebooting.but i will try some other game today and tomorrow.If the prob persist then i will go to the vendor and try to get refund and done with "budget gaming series".

my bios is v1.24 i haven't updated it to latest version bcz i saw someone's post in this section that bios update got his laptop bricked(!!!) or some *****

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]
  • Alpha_d3vil
    another thing is in "CrystalDisk Info" i found my hdd got "UltraDMA CRC error Count = 27890", which is a lot higher than my friend's 5400rpm laptop hdd which is 1 
  • JackE
    >>>my hdd got "UltraDMA CRC error Count = 27890">>>
    Might not mean much. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alpha_d3vil
    Let's hope so.bcz in tom's hardware some dude said that higher count may indicate a prob in the connections(between hdd and the motherboard socket).although he was talking about a pc not a laptop
  • JackE
    >>>sometimes windows can't identify hdd >>>

What did you mean by this? Did you get a 'no bootable device error?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alpha_d3vil
    JackE said:
    >>>sometimes windows can't identify hdd >>>

What did you mean by this? Did you get a 'no bootable device error?  Jack E/NJ
    while i was playing gta online suddenly game froze and laptop rebooted itself.Then in the file explorer i saw only SSD portion is showing but not the HDD.So i rebooted the laptop again and then HDD was working again.That's why i started the thread bcz i was worried that my HDD may be defected.Even though software says HDD health is good.But np i will take  my laptop to the seller this week or next as i have 30 days return policy.
  • JackE
    >>>i saw only SSD portion is showing but not the HDD>>>i will take  my laptop to the seller this week or next as i have 30 days return policy.>>>

I agree. While the DMA errors and temporarily missing HDD both suggest that the HDD connector simply needs to be firmly re-seated to the mainboard, this shouldn't be an issue so soon on a new machine.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alpha_d3vil
    JackE said:
    >>>i saw only SSD portion is showing but not the HDD>>>i will take  my laptop to the seller this week or next as i have 30 days return policy.>>>

I agree. While the DMA errors and temporarily missing HDD both suggest that the HDD connector simply needs to be firmly re-seated to the mainboard, this shouldn't be an issue so soon on a new machine.  Jack E/NJ

Final nail to the coffin..............i installed(on SSD portion) and played "Assassin's Creed Origins" for 4 hrs continuously while undervolting the cpu.No freezing,shutdown,lag.So either faulty HDD or faulty intel rst driver(downloaded from here:"https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7572?b=1") or GTA Online sucks.
  • JackE
    If it was me, I'd  ask for a refund or another new machine, not a repair.  And I'd do it as soon as the vendor opens up tomorrow morning. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alpha_d3vil
    JackE said:
    If it was me, I'd  ask for a refund or another new machine, not a repair.  And I'd do it as soon as the vendor opens up tomorrow morning. Jack E/NJ
    I went to the seller today.They kept the laptop for the day to see if my claim is legit or not.If any problem found they will change the product but unfortunately no refund.SO I M STUCK WITH ACER.
  • JackE
    >>> i have 30 days return policy.>>>

Did the seller's return policy documents specify exchange only, no refunds, in writing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alpha_d3vil
    JackE said:
    >>> i have 30 days return policy.>>>

Did the seller's return policy documents specify exchange only, no refunds, in writing? Jack E/NJ
    Yes I m afraid as they are not authorized reseller(Didn't knew that).So it is what it is.