My Acer Aspire E1-510-4859 won't turn on

Muiz_Ahmed
Muiz_Ahmed Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone,

Today I left my laptop turned on before going to walk, and when I returned back it just did not start. Upon pressing the power button, the blue power light turned on for 2 seconds but nothing showed up on screen, and then the light turned off too.
I was having this issue for quite some days that whenever I left it turned on, upon returning it would not start but show blue power light upon trying. Previously, this issue was resolved when I pulled out the battery and put it back in, but today it didn't work at all. Moreover, I was having some issues with the USB ports too.
I have also tried the commonly know Electrostatic discharge method but it din't work either. When I keep the battery out for sometime and put it back in, the blue light blinks but upon pressing again, it doesn't blink again until I keep the battery out for sometime. Moreover, upon connecting the charger, the charging light doesn't turn on either. Screen has shown nothing at all throughout, it's just the lights that blink for few seconds.

Can you figure out what the problem might be, and how can I resolve it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Muiz_Ahmed

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
    2. Unplug your charger cord.
    3. Remove the battery.
    4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
    5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
    6. Now put the battery back in.

"Hit Like if its Helpful"
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Muiz_Ahmed
    TECH_MAN said:
    Hi Muiz_Ahmed

3. Remove the battery.
    4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
    5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)

As I mentioned in my question, that this electrostatic method is not working for me. I have tried it multiple times. Thanks for the help.
  • Muiz_Ahmed
    TECH_MAN said:
    Hi Muiz_Ahmed

3. Remove the battery.

As I mentioned in my question, that this electrostatic method is not working for me. I have tried it multiple times. Thanks for the help.