BIOS update needed for old V12P socket 4 motherboard

feipoa
feipoa Member Posts: 4 New User
Does anyone know which acer ftp servers are still up and running?  There is ftp.acer.co.uk, which has a lot of old BIOS images, but doesn't have the V12P, which is a socket 4 motherboard that I'm looking for a BIOS update for.  That ftp site does have V12LC, for example.  I assume there are other acer ftp servers but I just don't know where to look.

Looking at the web archive, I see from acer.de that there was a V2.0R01-D0 BIOS released for my V12P around mid-1997 and another one in early 1998 - v1.2R1.6S1 with LBA support.  My existing BIOS is V1.2R1.6.

Thanks for any help.  I'm sure some old server in Taiwain probably has the BIOS somewhere.  or if someone made a mirror of acer.de.

Comments

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    this one is still alive
    ftp://ftp.acer-euro.com/
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • feipoa
    Thanks, but unfortunately, it doesn't contain an updated BIOS for the V12P.
  • feipoa
    Is anyone who works at Acer able to dig deeper into the Taiwanese FTP archives for these boards?  I'm sure it must be hidden in some nook.  Possibly the BIOS files could be offline at Acer?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    as far as i know V12P is the motherboard name, the PC model is Acerpower 560P
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • feipoa
    Yes, the Power 560.  But I haven't been able to find any FTP listings for the "Power 560", "Acer Power 560", or "AC560" either.