Fn key locked on Acer Swift 3 Notebook, how to turn off?

Berni_Chan
Berni_Chan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just bought an Acer Swift 3 Notebook and the fn key seems to be permanently locked so I don't have to press it to change volume and things like that but it makes some keyboard short cuts like alt + f4 extremely annoying. Anyone know an easy way to turn on and off the fn key?
Thanks

Answers

• Restart the notebook and press f2! Check if there is an option called function key or special key and switch!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ChrisTing
    ChrisTing Member Posts: 10 New User
    I still can't cant the so-called function key or special key. Help needed
  • Wha is the exact model of notebook? Example an51-51!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ChrisTing
    ChrisTing Member Posts: 10 New User
    Thank you so much for your reply, i found the problem and solved it.

• What was the solution to the problem? Did you have to change the keyboard function in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Turudihan
    Turudihan Member Posts: 1 New User
     Function key mode can be changed in BIOS.
  • Stilus
    Stilus Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just bought an Acer Swift 3 Notebook and the fn key seems to be permanently locked so I don't have to press it to change volume and things like that but it makes some keyboard short cuts like alt + f4 extremely annoying. Anyone know an easy way to turn on and off the fn 

How did you solve the problem?
  • @Stilu check this function "function key behavior" in bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mightyhamster
    mightyhamster Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2019
    I'm having the same problem as op, no combination of fn+shift+numlk unlocks the fn. Help! Have had the laptop for several months and now this...
  • Ideally, you create a new topic @mighthamyster. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dhritiraj
    Dhritiraj Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just bought an Acer Swift 3 Notebook and the fn key seems to be permanently locked so I don't have to press it to change volume and things like that but it makes some keyboard short cuts like alt + f4 extremely annoying. Anyone know an easy way to turn on and off the fn key?
    Thanks

ChrisTing said:
    I still can't cant the so-called function key or special key. Help needed

Stilus said:
    I just bought an Acer Swift 3 Notebook and the fn key seems to be permanently locked so I don't have to press it to change volume and things like that but it makes some keyboard short cuts like alt + f4 extremely annoying. Anyone know an easy way to turn on and off the fn 

How did you solve the problem?

Restart your laptop, press "F2" continuously until the bios menu comes. Then go to "Main" > "Function Key Behaviour". Change it from "Media Key" to "Function Key" if you want Alt + F4 to work.
  • sonushah107
    sonushah107 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello,
    I bought Acer swift 3 just 4 months ago.
    I am getting error where numlock is automatically getting on and off by itself very frequently. And due to this the backlit key is also not working properly. Can anyone help me out 
  • @sonushah107 I advise you to create a new topic and you can add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer