Aspire E5-476G - why did my HDMI cable connection with my TV stopped working after Windows update?

mnjrai
mnjrai Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
why did my HDMI cable connection from my computer to my TV stopped working after Windows update and still not working after several follow-up updates?

Best Answer

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon mnjrai !

First you must tell the exact model of your laptop and which version of Windows is installed.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    First try turning the TV on with the FN+F5 toggle key combo. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mnjrai

Tinkerer

Aspire E5-476G is my computer, I get a msg saying "your PC cant project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card." It worked well before Windows updates
  • MaClane
    The exact model.
    Example: E5-476G-5319

mnjrai disse:
    Aspire E5-476G is my computer, I get a msg saying "your PC cant project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card." It worked well before Windows updates

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• JackE

Simply open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Select automatic Win10 restore point with a date stamp that caused HDMI problem. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• mnjrai

Tinkerer

edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    my computer: Aspire E5-476G-57YH

Thank you all but I referred to this site and it solved my problem. I hope I did the right thing since I am not a computer expert.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Intel-Graphics-620-will-not-update-and-continuously-says/td-p/6679898
  • JackE
    Good for you! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MaClane
    Great!
    Needing something, just post!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Shaiful83
    Shaiful83 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hii...i also get a msg saying "your PC cant project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card." when I connect with HDMI wire  to my TV, and same problem when connect with projector..my model Acer Aspire 14.
  • JackE
    This thread is over 2 months old. Please start your own new thread with your full model number. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ